5. Who Gon Stop Me

Start from the beginning

"Imelda, you have to run with them," Scott tells me.

I grab his arm, "Scott don't let them kill you."

He nods once, just as we hear Boyd approach us. The little kids start to panic, huffing heavily. I looked at the both of them, lifting my finger so they would grow silent.

"He's gonna get inside," The little boy realized, watching as Boyd moved around the steel cabin.

A loud rumble was emitted from him and then he was pushing the bottom of cabin up, lifting it as if it weighed nothing and throwing it over us all. Scott began turning, realizing that now was the time to fight. Boyd's growled, eyes burning a bright gold and rage reeking off him.

Grabbing both kids I prepared to run with them in my arms when suddenly the glass canister the little boy caries dropped from his arms and out floes dozens of fireflies. They blocked Boyd, forgiving him to fling his arms around at them.

We took that moment to leave, Scott picked up the girl while I lifted the boy in my arms and we ran. My car was far enough to where it would take Boys awhile to find us so that's where we stopped. I set the little boy down, he was shaking and immediately wrapped his arms around his sister.

Scott stepped near me, pulling out his phone.

"I need to call Derek and tell him we lost Boyd," he tells me, already pulling up the contact.

I nod, catching my breath," I'm gonna calm them down. We need to get them out of here soon."

He nods," alright let me just tell him first."

I walked up to the two kids who were huddled near my car.

"What are your names?" I questioned the kids, crouching to their height.

"I'm Breanne and my brother is Billy," the blonde haired girl spoke after a moment.

I nodded, "I'm Mel."

"What was that? Is it coming back for us?" Breanne asked me, looked fearful.

I shook my head, placing my hand gently on her shoulder," not if we get out of here now. And that's what I need to talk to you guys about okay. You can't tell anyone about it."

"What?" Bully questioned,"why not. It almost killed us."

"Because Billy, no one will believe you and if they do they are not good people. So if someone asks or if your parents ask tell them you got lost and we brought you back," I said calmly, trying to make them understand the severity of the situation.

"What about you two? How did you run so quickly," Breanne asked.

I sighed, searching for the correct words. Scott was the only thing heard for a moment before I finally came up with the right words," you both like superheroes? Batman, superman, and flash?"

They nodded slowly, confused at my words.

"Well we are kind of like them—"

"I don't see a batmobile or cape," Billy called out.

I laughed, attempting to lighten the situation," no, not that type of superhero but we do save and rescue. My friend and I help people like you and keep you away from the bad things like the thing out there. We can't do that though if everyone knows our secret. Right?"