Chapter Nineteen

A/N

Hey guys, so to start this off, we are drawing to an end of this story mainly because I don't know where else I can take this story. I think this is the last chapter before the epilogue, just so you all are aware.

Secondly, I'm shit at describing things so her gown is the external link.

Love you all and thank you so much for reading!

-Becca

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Brin's POV

*A Year Later*

I opened the front door of the castle to be pulled into a hug by Nico's family. My mate followed them in and smiled sheepishly as I shot him a glance that screamed for help. They backed up and gushed over the elegant gown I had on.

My hair had grown and now reached just past my shoulder blades. The bangs had been twisted back and met at the back of my head. My remaining hair had been curled to perfection and a strand of hair curled on the side of my face.

I was adorned in an emerald gown that had a tight jeweled bodice before turning into a flowing satin skirt.

"You look stunning, darling," Laylee murmured, clutching my shoulders as she looked me over. 

"Thank you," I answered and stepped aside so they could all file in. "Dinner should be ready by now, so please feel free to head over to the dining room."

They all rushed over, except for Leo who was helping a very pregnant Lucy waddle into the dining room. Cora had a baby swaddled in her arms as she ran into the other room, a nervous Jaymes shadowing her every move. Rhys and Dylan had raced into the dining area, leaving their parents behind who gave me another hug each and then speed walked in the same direction the others had left in.

Arms wound around my waist and I spun to drape my arms around my mate's shoulders. He kissed my forehead lovingly and I melted into him. One of his hands trailed from my left shoulder to my hand and pulled it down between us. The simple but elegant diamond ring glistened from my ring finger.

"When are we going to tell them?" He whispered to me, his hand on the small of my back pressing me tighter against him.

"After dinner. They will freak out and the food won't be touched, you know that. I refuse to allow the chef's hard work to go to waste," I answered, swiveling the ring so that the diamond sat on the inside of my hand.

He nodded and kissed me deeply. "I've missed you."

"Then don't leave for two weeks next time."

"You know I can't control it, tiger. Coronation was just three months back, so we have duties as the King and Queen to visit the different sections of the Kingdom for examinations and to let our people know us. Your trip is scheduled to start next week."

I sighed. "I know, I just hate being apart."

"I do too, but just hold out for another few weeks and then we have years together because we can have balls and invite the kingdom here, and travel together to sections if a problem arises. There's just too much paperwork for us both to step away from the castle right now."

I kissed him softly and then my stomach growled loudly. "Enough of this talk. Let's go enjoy dinner while we can before your family goes ballistic over the news."

He laughed and tucked me against his side as we made our way over to the dining room. Our family sat about the long table, chatting joyously and waiting for us to join them before starting to eat. I sat at the seat to the right of the head of the table, which was where Nico sat himself.