Chapter 47. Shock.

Start from the beginning

''You'll be fine on your own?''

I nodded in response. ''I'll be fine.''

~~~~

Trying to sleep wasn't going to work. After the vertigo, I didn't only still felt naaseous, but I also got this headache. There was certainly something wrong with me, I was sure of that now.

Maybe it was better to go to Asuki, since she was the medical ninja. I knew that whatever I had wasn't going away after today, and it only became worse since this began about a week ago.

I sighed and got up. But I left stood up too quickly, making me feel incredibly dizzy once again. I let myself fall back onto my bed and groaned. This was becoming really annoying.

I sat up again, this time slowly, and stood up.

Asuki's POV.

The last person I expected to come to me was Kaira. She was the one to hide her wounds and go on, but now she was standing in the doorway of my room.

''Asuki, can you do a little check up?'' she asked. ''I'm not feeling very well lately and it's not going away.''

I motioned for her to come in and sit down on my bed. Kaira did as I wanted and let out a deep sigh once she seated herself on the edge of the bed. I closed the door and sat down next to her myself. ''What are you feeling?'' I asked. ''Do you just feel sick or..?

''Headaches, nausea, and vertigo.'' Kaira replied. ''Also fatigue.''

It didn't take long for me to think of what it could be, but it was just a possibility. It could also be a coincidence that she was having these all at the same time or at least varied. ''For how long already?''

''The fatigue started about a week ago.'' Kaira muttered slowly. ''The rest came soon after.''

I was surprised that Kaira hadn't thought about the possibilities. Did she really have no idea? Or was it just impossible? One way to find out I guess. ''Kaira.'' I said, drawing her attention. ''Are you in a relationship?''

Kaira narrowed her eyes into a glare. ''What does that have to do with this?''

''Have you had sexual intercourse?'' I asked, getting straight to the point.

Kaira's glare became vicious, but I didn't flinch. After all these years of living together, I've gotten just to her nasty looks. ''Well?''

''Yes.''

''This is just a possibility, okay?'' I began. ''But you may be pregnant.''

To my surprise, Kaira stayed calm, but from the look in her eyes, I could tell she was at least a bit panicky. ''We used protection.'' Kaira said, her voice faltering slightly.

''No method of contraception is 100%.'' I explained. ''I know you know that too. But maybe pregnancy isn't the case here.'' I tried to reassure her. ''When did you have sexual intercourse?''

''About five weeks ago, and three weeks ago.'' she replied softly.

''And you used protection both times?''

Kaira nodded.

I pursed my lips. ''Dizzy spells, nausea, headaches and fatigue are al symptoms of pregnancy, but just to make sure, I'm going to get a pregnancy test, okay?''

Kaira clenched her wrist, and nodded without saying anything.

Kaira's POV.

Pregnant? Me? Was this some stupid joke?

I didn't want to be pregnant. I've never even thought about it. Why should I? I didn't care if I ended up with having no children at all. I only focused on training, and my missions. I had no reason to think of my future. I didn't even think I'd fall in love with someone in the first place, but I didn't start this relationship just to get knocked up.

I clenched my fists harder and bit my lip. My life was ruined. I had just become 18. I was still a teenager! I knew there were more teen mothers, I wasn't ready for this. Not at all.

What was I supposed to do now? If I was indeed pregnant, what should I do? Get rid of it? Keep it? What was I supposed to tell mom and dad. What would the others think of me?

I didn't even notice I started crying until I felt warm droplets fall down on the backs of my hands. Tears stung in my eyes and I let out a ragged sob.

This had to be some sort of stupid joke.

I quickly wiped my tears once the door opened again, revealing Asuki. Turning back to my usual self, not wanting her to see me this way, I stood up as Asami handed me two sticks. ''Two just to make sure.'' she said. ''You can use my bathroom.''

Asuki's POV.

Her eyes were red. She was crying until I came back. It was obvious, but understandable.

The last one I expected to bear a child was Kaira. I thought either Suki or Izuna would be the first one to become a parent. And I totally didn't expect her to be pregnant at her age. This was way too early for Kaira. She wasn't ready for this. And she herself knew that better than anyone else.

It wasn't hard to figure out who her boyfriend was. Who else could it be besides Sasuke? I already found it suspicious that they spent so much time together, but now all the pieces came together.

The question now was; what was Kaira going to do? I could imagine her getting rid of it. That would also be understandable. She was still young, and had absolutely no idea of how to raise a child.

And who was she going to tell? Madara wouldn't be happy about this, but I didn't know about Miyu. She would accept this much more easily than Madara, that was for sure. She'd also support Kaira no matter what decision she'd make.

I was snapped out of my thoughts once the door of the bathroom opened. Kaira kept standing in the doorway, looking quite despondent.

''And?'' I asked.

Her voice sounded hoarse.

''Positive.''

--------------

I actually planned this chapter to be chapter 50 or 51, but I had no ideas anymore so I thought it'd be better to update it now and update some crappier chapters instead.