Chapter 6 Faye's POV

I saw then why Vancha took such a shine to me. Why all the Princes loved me so much. Why I could throw shurikens like there were no obstacles. Evanna suggsted that before we set out on our journey, that we should get to know our companions. At tea, we did just that.

Axe was silent -  he didn't know how to react in these situations and he felt like it was not his place to say anything -  this was not his mother's house, or his first family reunion. So, unwillingly, I began the conversation.

"Fuschia, what are your hobbies?"

" Running, mainly and sword fighting. I cook a little bit, but I am still learning. My meals aren't exactly the best." Fuschia replied, in a joyful tone.

"Amen, sister!" Ghinta retorted, getting the stare from Fuschia.

" What about you, Ghinta?" I asked, slowly warming to the pair sat in front of me.

"I lift and train in hand to hand combat. Still learning though ! I'm not that good! What about you?" Ghinta asked.

" I enjoy games and I'd like to say I am quite gifted at hand to hand, so maybe I could teach you! Axe, tell them about yourself!" I said, trying to edge Axe into the conversation. He lifted his head abruptly and said " I spent most of my day in the games hall - so hand to hand combat, martial arts, speed chess and bars. I'm quite the all - rounder!" I thought, by then, that he was enjoying himself a bit more.

"So Faye, who are some of your friends back at your . . . mountain?"

"Um, well, me and Axe are quite fond of Quann - he's the dormsmaster, a charming and funny guy! There aren't many other girls at the mountain, apart from Loola - but we don't see each other much . She's quite the traveller.Me and Vancha are really close. I know why now.You?"

" Yeah! Gannen trains with me a lot - we are good friends. Also, Tokoroth. Me, Ghinta and him hang out most of the time!"

We conversed throughout the night and slowly began to feel like sisters.