Chapter 5 Fuschia's POV

"Evanna. Call them off would you?" I muttered, knowing she heard me, knowing she knew i was here, knowing she'd call the frogs off. We strode to her disguised accommodation in silence, ready to greet my long lost mother. We had talked a lot about what I was going to do with my sister - we assumed that we had future together - and of course I was going to tolerate her, but what worried me was befriending a vampire. That made me shake.

"Ah, Fuschia!" my mother exclaimed, smiling in her chosen form, hairy as an ape and clothed in rope. "Your sister and her companion have just arrived!"                                                                                                 Shit! I thought. My sisters friend! She's going to be annoying isn't she? Then I realised that I didn't even know what my sister would be like , let alone her friend. It really shocked me when I found out that her friend was a boy.

"Hi..." I shuddered, nervous to be meeting my family. I saw him first, then Faye. She had dyed lilac hair, in a buzz cut. I must say, it did look really good.Her eyes were the same shade of grey as mine were - grey with a hint of green. However, he had shiny, black hair, and dark eyes, the colour of black coffee. 

"So! Who's this?" we both asked at the same time. I replied first, telling them Ghinta's name and the one who blooded her - Anyer - a dead vampaneze , very independent. Then Faye said:                        "This is Axe, blooded by Vanez Blane - a respectable gameskeeper who was very good friends with the Darren Shan." 

Me and Ghinta couldn't help but gasp; that was a forbidden name in vampaneze society. We shut our mouths when everyone started staring. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that my sister , my very own sister was not proper, and not a true creature of the night. I think Faye was thinking the same thing , and so the whole room whirled into a vortex of silence.

Evanna broke it. " Girls. I'm not sure you realise, but since you were both born vampire, you can bear children. This means that many will want to reprodu-"

"Evanna - are you trying to give us the talk? I'm pretty sure that's fifty or so years late!" I laughed, trying to break the ice.

"Yes but more to the point, you have a quest. Something you must do to save the creatures of the night - to save them for extinction. To your difficulty, I am sure , this includes cooperating with both vampires and vampaneze. You must befriend as many vampires and vampaneze as you can, and persuade them to make peace. Peace will stop the war. Peace is essential for this to work. Most importantly, the four of you must stick together."