Chapter 2- The Exchange Students

Chapter 2

HARRY'S POV

I was staying at the burrow with the Weasleys and Hermione, we were having breakfast when four owls flew in,  they each had an envelope with green writing on the front.
"What are these?" Hermione asked of no one in particular.
"They look like Hogwarts letters!" Ron exclaimed
"But you guys are too old!" Stated Ginny, my beautiful girlfriend.
"Why don't we look?" I questioned ripping the one that was addressed to me open. Hermione started squealing, "What's up 'mione?" Ron asked peering over her shoulder
"Look we're invited back to redo our seventh year at Hogwarts!" She screeched making us all wince. I pulled my letter out and another piece of paper floated out "What's that?" I asked Hermione as she picked it up "It says, 'There will be 17 exchange students from America who will be with those redoing their seventh year. Please bear in mind that they have just come out of a war much much worse than ours.' That's strange, never once in 'Hogwarts: A History' does it say we've had exchange students." At that moment Mrs Weasley decided to come in.
"Hello dears, I heard that you were going back, I don't care what you want Ronald! To Hogwarts so we will go to Diagon Alley tomorrow morning at nine.

Time skip to the next day in Diagon Alley

STILL HARRY'S POV

Once we were at Diagon Alley Mrs Weasley said we could walk around and get our stuff as long as we were back at the burrow by 4 this afternoon, as we could all apparate now we could get there easily. Ron, Hermione, Ginny and I set of walking around the shops we started by buying our books, the shop was empty apart from 17 people about our age at the back of the shop, they seemed to be talking in another language. "Who do you think they are?" I whispered to Ginny, she shrugged in reply. Hermione went up to the desk and asked for four sets of year seven books. I decided to go talk to the group at the back of the shop.
"Hey guys." They stopped their conversation between themselves,
"Hey" the one who looked a bit like me said, "I'm Percy and these are my friends." They each introduced themselves in turn. The blonde one with her arm around Percy was Annabeth, the girl with kaleidoscope eyes and choppy hair was Piper, her boyfriend (the blonde with a scar on his lip) was Jason, the Chinese looking huge guy was Frank and the dark skinned girl with golden eyes was Hazel. The Hispanic elf dude with curly hair who wouldn't stop fidgeting was Leo, the punk looking girl with a silver circlet and electric blue eyes was Thalia, the guy dress all in black was called Nico, the blonde dude who had his arm around Nico was Will (they were dating). The regal looking girl with long brown hair and chocolate eyes was Reyna, the tough looking girl with a bandanna was Clarisse and there was her boyfriend Chris who looked quite like two guys who were identical other than their height, the smaller one was Connor and the taller one was Travis who was dating Katie the girl with soft brown hair and forest green eyes.  The strange thing about them all was the way they seemed poised as if expecting an attack at any second, they were ready to fight for their lives. I trust me I know what that's like!
"Harry!" Ron called
"Hey Ron, come meet these people!" I replied
"Come on, 'mione" He said as he was coming over. I introduced my new friends before he asked "Where are you guys from?" I had wondered this myself
"We're from America" Percy replied "Most of us are from New York or California."
"What are you doing here then?" I wondered aloud
"Oh!" Annabeth cut in "We are the exchange students going to Hogwarts. Do you go..."
"Oh my gosh I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Harry Potter, these are my friends and gorgeous girlfriend, Ron, Hermione and Ginny, and yeah we do go to Hogwarts, me, Ron and Hermione are redoing our seventh year and Ginny is joining year seven."
"Oh cool! So maybe we'll have some lessons together?"
"Yeah maybe!" I agreed "Merlin's beard look at the time! We need to go buy our stuff, by the way are you staying at the leaky cauldron?"
"Yeah, why?" Thalia asked narrowing her bright blue eyes
"Oh, it's just that we're coming to stay there tomorrow before catching the Hogwarts Express."
"Oh" she seemed to relax a little "Ok"
"See you tomorrow!" Hermione said nudging us,
"Oh yeah see you" Ron and I piped
"See you!!!" Leo sang rather ridiculously before being slapped upside the head by Piper.
"Goodbye!" The others called (all the guys in other than Frank with ridiculous fake British accents).