The New Band

All the new students of The School Of Music crowded in front of the stage, waiting for the vice principal to come on stage. In the big crowd, stood Nanase Haruka. He was standing next to his best friend, Tachibana Makoto. They both joined the School of Music, hoping they could be in a band together.

When joining the School of Music, you have to pick if you want to be a performer or be a composer. When you select performer, you have to play a cover of any song for a teacher of the school. When you select composer, you have to take a written theory test. After, you fill out a survey of what music you like. Finally, the principal picks who gets to be made into one band, based on their test scores and the students music taste.

"Hey, Haru?" Makoto asked, "What happens if we don't get to be in the same band?"

"Then we keep playing." Haru replied.

"But it's-"

"Attention everyone!" A voice was heard through out the room, "This is your vice principal speaking!" A woman walked onto the stage. She had a fedora on top of her pink hair, blue skinny jeans, red converse, and a band T-Shirt. "Welcome everyone! Yes, I'm your vice principal. I might look like a fangirl for some dumb band but you know what? I am! Any Starish fans here?" She pointed at her T-shirt, which had all the members of Starish on it. The crowd screamed.

"This lady seems a bit strange." Haru mumbled.

"Everyone has different tastes." Makoto said.

"Yes!" The woman smiled, "They're my favourite! That's actually why I love this school! We all view music differently! Some like Starish, some like pop, some like rock, and some like rap but you know what? It's all music!" The woman danced around for a bit.

The woman stopped and put her hand up, "Who here, likes to compose music?" Many students raised their hands, "Who likes to play an instrument?" Many students raised their hands, including Haru, "Who likes to sing?" Many students raised their hands, including Makoto, "And finally, who loves music!" The room was filled of cheering.

"This is going to be fun!" Makoto said. Haru nodded.

"Excellent! You'll love it here then! Anyways, time for the good part! Remember, when you were done your tests? You were received a paper with numbers on it? That's the room you'll be going to! Just to let you know, this school is huge and confusing so don't get lost. Once you find your room, that is where you'll find your band! There will be only five members per band. Lead singer, a bassist, a guitar player, a drummer and a composer! You should all get to know each other! That's all! Bye!" The woman walked off stage.

Everyone started to exit the room. Makoto and Haru ran towards a wall and waited for the room to be less crowded.

"So, do we have the same number?" Makoto finally asked. They both pulled their papers out.

"I have room 58." Haru said.

"I have room 58 too!" Makoto smiled, "We're together!" Haru smiled back.

"Lets go."

They walked around the halls in silence, trying to find the room. Only after three minutes they found it. It was very close to the room they were just in.

"Lets go, Haru-chan." Makoto opened the door.

"Drop the chan." Haru walked in.

"Hello!" They were greeted by a short blond boy, who looked younger than them. He was sitting on the stage at the end of the room.