chapter fourteen

Michael's POV

How could she just pour herself out to me, cuddle me, kiss me, etc. and then fuck him? ALL IN THE SAME NIGHT.

Okay Michael chill out. You guys will never be a thing, get over yourself. It's just a stupid crush anyways, right?

I have to get out of this place for the day. I can't keep replaying the scene from last night.

Calling Cal...

"Hello?"

"Hey mate."

"Holy shit, I thought you were dead man."

"Why?"

"Um, hello, you disappeared, stopped contacting us, and never came back."

"Well guess what."

"What."

"I'm back."

"HOLY FUCK NO YOU ARENT. YOURE KIDDING, RIGHT?"

"Why would I kid Cal?"

"Oh my, dude what are you doing?"

"Nothing, I need to get out of this house."

"Who's house?"

"My ex-stepsisters."

"Jade? Damn she's hot."

"Can you not."

"Okay, sorry. My place?"

"You got Fifa?"

"Fuck yeah."

"On my way."

We both hang up almost simultaneously. I throw on some clothes, rake my fingers through my hair, and head out the door. I call an uber since I'm carless and I refuse to ask Jade for hers.

While I wait for my driver, I pull out my pack of cigarettes and light one. After one hit I can feel myself relaxing.

"Much better."

"What's much better?"

I turn around to meet the deep green eyes of the one I love.

"Nothing."

I turn back to the street and keep waiting, my driver is 2 minutes away.

"Okay.." I hear her footsteps fade as she walks away.

How can she just pretend that nothing happened last night?

My driver pulls up and I toss my cigarette in a bush. I hop in and give him the address to Calums house. It's been so long since I've been to his place.

He is still crashing at his parents house from what I can tell, but he's got the whole basement to himself. It's completely finished in and it looks like a second home in there.

It's pretty sweet.

The driver pulls up next to the curb, I pay him, and step out.

"Thanks mate."

He nods and pulls off. I walk up to the front door and knock, waiting patiently for an answer.

"Michael?" His mom says in a confused yet excited tone.

"Joy!" I hug her tightly, I've missed this family. They were always so good to me no matter what.

"Oh my gosh, how have you been?" she asks me.

"Pretty decent, I'm thinking about moving back into town." I give her a little smile and she replies with one as well.

"That's good news, Cal is downstairs. You remember how to get there, right?"

"Yep! Thanks." I walk inside and head straight downstairs.

"CALUM."

"MICHAEL."

He runs and tackles me with a hug.

"Holy fuck. Hey Cal! I missed you!"

"Dude! I missed you too!"

"MALUM UNITE."

We laugh it off and he shows me how he's redecorated the place since I was last in town.

It's really sweet, he's got a gaming room, a really cozy couch, tons of pizza in the freezer, and beer.

That's all a man needs right there.

"You want a beer?"

"Of course I do." I chuckle and walk in the kitchen with him. He grabs two cold ones and tosses one to me.

I twist the cap off and take a drink.

"This is pretty good."

"Yeah I like it! Bud light Platnium is a good one."

"Well I'd hope so you bought it."

He rolls his eyes and I walk over to the couch, instantly sinking into it.

"Ahh so cozy."

Calum plops down beside me and turns on the gaming system. He hums as he's getting our game started.

I take a sip of my beer as he places the other remote on my leg, still focused on the screen.

The opening title for Fifa pops up on the huge flat screen as Calum continues to press a bunch of buttons.

After hours of cursing at each other and the tv we shut down everything.

Completely drunk off my ass, I lay on the couch limp like a noodle.

"You good Mikey?" Calum asks me randomly.

"Yeah get me another beer, would ya?"

He nods and proceeds to the fridge, grabbing two more beers.

I know my limit and I've exceeded it, by a lot. I don't care though. Getting drunk is a gateway to forgetting. It's my happy place.

It makes me forget everything.