8

The next day came, and as it was as though I had never even had an attack. I was up and about, full of engery. I was ready to work once again, and pretend nothing had ever happened. Though yesterday, I couldn't believe how worried everyone was for me. When I came in the kitchen that afternoon, everyone was waiting for me.

"Adele, I got you this while you were sick. I hope they cheer ya up!" Beamed Finny as he handed me a bundle of wildflowers held together with wool string.

"Oh, thank you." I smiled as I accepted them "They're lovely Fianny, thank you."

"Sure thing." He bashfully blushed.

"I was so worried about you, yes I was! You scared me half to death!" Cried Mey-Rin.

"I'm better now, don't worry." I chuckled, smelling my flowers.

"Red here's a tough one." Said Bard, patting me on the back.

"But wern't you afraid at all?" Asked Mey-Rin. "I've never seen anything like that before."

"Of course not. I'm not afraid of anything." I smiled.

"Ah, I wouldn't doubt it!" Laughed Bard in his rough voice, hugging my shoulders "Such a feisty thing yeh are!"

My eyes turned to the side of the kitchen as I let out a giggle, Sebastain standing by the doorway. His arms where crossed with a soft grin as he leaned against the doorway. He knew how I was feeling. Just by the look on my face. I may not have been scared, but it was nice to have someone worry about me. Mother never really noticed my facal expressions. Or even the mask I wore to hide them. But Sebastain did.

Or, I guess I should say my father did.

************************

Later that day, Sebastain asked me if I would help him set up tea for Ciel.

"Can't you just do that yourself? I didn't think making tea for someone was a two person job." I replied as I watched him load the tea cart, swinging my legs while I sat upon the kitchen counter.

"I thought you liked helping out?"

"Yes, but you can mange without my help."

"Is that so?" He asked with a smirk and an arched brow to follow.

"It is. Everything you do is perfect to be quite honest. Though Bard says I'm like you: we both do everything perfectly. Why is that? I don't mean to sound vain or anything, but I'm not even trying when I do. Or even realize it's perfect until someone points it out. Why is that so?"

"I'm not sure." He shrugged, though the corner of his lips tugged into a grin; like he was hiding something "Maybe it runs in the family."

"You think they know?" I whispered.

"I doubt it, they can be idiots sometimes." He whispered back, making me smile. I don't know what it was, but I liked being with Sebastain. It felt a tad awkward when we first meet. He seemed almost distant, but watched me closely from afar. Now every day, he takes a step forward closer and closer to me. He became more comfortable with me, along with what he calls my "quarky sense of humor" that at first had taken him back. He seemed to understand me in a week more than my mother did in almost fourteen years. And at least he made the effort.
We walked to Ciel's office, Sebastain pushing along the cart. He knocked on his door, then pushed the door open with the cart. Ciel sat at his big wooden desk, the window behind him tall and spotless as the grey clouds fluffed up the sky. I feel as though I had never seen Ciel stand. Only sitting at the dinning room table as he ate his meals and at his desk cluttered with papers as he worked. But today was different. Today on his desk laid a single sheet. As I approached his desk, I realized it was a newspaper.

"Oh, perfect. You're just the person I wanted to see, Adele." Ciel said, though it was not pleasant. It was dry, his sapphire blue eyes burning like crackling fire.

"What is it, sir?" I asked, consciously.

"I've been thinking about your name: LaRoux. It sounded familiar, but I couldn't figure out where I had heard it before. But then, after some research, I found the name." He pushed the new paper article towards me with two fingers. I picked it up and read it, and couldn't believe what I was looking at.

"Master..." I breathed "I don't know what this is-"

"I'm assuming you're related to Yvette LaRoux." He interrupted sharply.

"Yes...I am..." I slowly nodded. I couldn't look at him. All I could do was focus my eyes on the article that was written sixteen years ago.

"English Gangster Lucius Steelblood and partner Yvette LaRoux caught smuggling drugs." Was the headline.

"I don't want you here anymore." Ciel said flatly.

"What?" I gasped, looking up at him.

"I don't want you living in my mansion anymore. I read this artical, my father worked on this case for years. These two were awful people. Drug dealing, ruthless murders, kidnapping. They did anything to get the money and drugs they needed. Including going undercover as workers for wealthy people. I can only assume you're their daughter."

"Ci-Master! I am Yvette's daughter, but not Lucius's! I've never heard of that man. And I'm not undercover, I swear! My mother recently passed away, and I needed a job-"

"Yvette was French. Your accent is English." Ciel said darkly.

"I-I, but, master," I horribly stampered, trying to think of what to say.

"That's enough." He said camly, but venomous. He rose to his feet, his hands on the desk "Pack your things before I call the police and have them take you away."

"What makes you assume I'm here to take your money? I don't have anyone else-"

"This could just be another trick those two liked to play. I have every reason to believe you're up to no good."

"Matser, I think she's harmless." Stepped in Sebastian.

"Oh? How so?" He asked his butler.

"I think you're taking this to far. She's just a girl,"

"So? How do we even know her mother is dead? I haven't heard anything anything about it. I don't want her kind under my roof, my father fought for years to try and arrest those two, but they always were too cunning."

"Sir, if I may say-"

"No you can't." Growled Ciel "Adele, you're fired. Get out."

"No, wait!" I cried, my thought going at a million miles an hour.

"Master she's my daughter." Sebastain burst out. Ciel and I stood there frozen, our heads turned to the rather calmly standing Sebastian.

"...I'm sorry, she's what?" Croaked Ciel.

"Adele...is my daughter. That's why she is here. Her mother has passed away, and I'm all she has left. I deeply aplogize for not telling you before."

Ciel was so stunned, he could hardly move a muscle. Only his jaw hung open, his eye wide.

"Adele..." Ciel manged to mumble "Could you leave us alone for a moment?"

"Sure." I nodded, slowly backing away with my eyes against Sebastain. Sebastain nodded at me once, like he was going to be okay. But that was hardly the case right now.