Chapter 2

Upon a closer inspection, the figure turned, I stopped. It was a tall, gorgeous guy. and by gorgeous I mean gorgeous. He had a chocolate brown curly hair. green emerald eyes. long legs, fit body and-

"Sarah, honey, come inside you're gonna freeze out here," my mom called. She was standing by the front door. he looked at me and his face showed no emotion what-so-ever. That's weird. I thought when someone new comes to live next to your house you welcome them, not look at them like they are a tree or something. My mom called once more, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Coming" and with that I went inside. As I went inside I looked around our place. Cozy. This was a good word to describe it. now off to unpacking...

*3 hours later*

After unpacking my clothes, setting the pants, tees, shirts, dresses and others in different drawers, I was exhausted. I took a quick shower, hopped into bed, covering myself with warm duvets.

As I started closing my eyes I felt a movement near my window. Strange. I ignored it. second time, all i hear is a sound like hissing and whimpering. Wait what? i must be really tired that i am imagining voices in my head. Then all of a sudden, i heard an ear-piercing scream. it was so loud, clearly it was a female. but what the heck is going on? i was startled. i went to my window, leaving the warmth of my bed. i opened the window and peeked. i looked at my right. nothing. turned my head to the left. nothing as well. it was dark. i can barely see anything. the scream died down. Okay seriously, what the fuck was that? That scared the shit out of me. I hope it's nothing really serious. although the screaming indicated otherwise. i crawled back to my bed, after making sure i closed the window and the curtains. That was something. i forced myself to sleep, clearing my head of what i just heard. that was nothing. that was nothing, i kept telling myself...

*Next morning*

11:30am. As i fluttered my eyes open, i was a little cold. i snuggled close to my pillow, crunching my legs upward. ugh, what the hell. i stood up lazily and went to the bathroom. i brushed my teeth. pulled on a messy bun, and went downstairs. the delicious smell of waffles creeped in my nostrils. "mmm" i hummed as i closed my eyes, inhaling the smell. i opened my eyes and saw my mom sitting at the table, eating her own waffle. "Common! Dig in" she smiled. i smiled back.

"Morning, mommy," I loved when i called her like that, I would feel childish.

"Morning honey. I'm leaving in two hours for my job introduction and tutorial. As a nurse, they have to make sure of my knowledge. they don't know I'm a skilled one," she chuckled as I did the same. Mom has been nursing for three years now.

"What am I supposed to do when you're gone?" I asked, starting to eat my own waffle. Delicious. I graduated from high school not long ago and now I'm basically out of anything to do.

"Go outside, socialize, make friends. a lot of things!" she encouraged. okaaay? she didn't mention college. that's weird.. in a good way... Whatever.

*2 hours later*

My mom went outside and closed the front door behind her.  "Go outside, socialize, make friends" my mom's words played in my mind. she was right. i'm all alone here. i need some friends. i went upstairs to get changed. today's a new day and a new start. i'm going to make friends in this neighborhood. i put on a white sweater that said "BLAH" on it in big black letters, along with denim mini short that had spikes on it. Under it were my black leggings. My black wedgesneakers followed. My hair was in perfect curls, dandling down my back. Next i applied my eyeliner with a smokey shadow after it. making my eyes seem lighter, a simple lip gloss and i was done! i looked at the mirror, scanning myself. 'Good job, Sarah' i thought to myself, smiling. i was ready to go.