Legolas quickly dismissed himself from the meal and with sad eyes and a heavy heart, Thranduil watched him walk away.

Lainor grabbed his adar's hand and spoke soothing words to him. "Don't yet give up on Legolas, ada. He still learns and grows and I can see in him the makings of a great prince. You grieved for 50 years and yet you again sit on the throne and rule with confidence. He just needs time, ada. Avo awartha estel. (Don't abandon or forsake hope)"

"Hope" Thranduil thought. I must hold on to hope.

Thranduil turned to address the rest of the table, "Lord Elrond has informed me of another guest. No one is to know of his stay. I am told that he is a fated one and one that will prove to be a huge ally to our kingdom."

"Who, ada?" Lainor asked.

"I do not know, for sure." Thranduil answered, "I only know that for nearly 25 years Elrond has raised him as his own. I assume we will be filled in upon their arrival. I am most excited to see my old friend."

"As am I" spoke Lainor. "It has been too long since I have seen the twins. I will see to their accommodations and will set out tomorrow at sunrise to meet them and lead them in to the city." and with that, Lainor dismissed himself from the table.
-----------
Legolas had, of course, wandered his way back to his galadh. He climbed high in the branches and tried to relax. He had heard stories of the twin brothers from Lainor and other stories about Elrond and his adar's friendship from Lumorniel. When Legolas was an elfling, Lumorniel would tell him of the battles that Thranduil and Elrond had fought together. Stories about his adar being young and bold and brave. Saving Elrond's life, courting the most beautiful elf in the kingdom, and all while being a great and respected king. Legolas felt sick with shame. His adar would be so embarrassed if he knew what he had let Minasson do to him. Why couldn't he be brave and bold like his adar? As tears fell from Legolas' eyes, galadh rocked the young elf to rest.

Meanwhile, Elrond and what he considered to be his THREE iôns had stopped to camp for the night. Elrond had considered Estel his iôn from the very beginning. He knew of the extreme importance this half-elf would play in the fate of middle earth. Aragorn, son of Arathorn, the one true heir to the throne. One king to unite the race of men. A dark power had been rising for many years and Elrond knew that before long Estel would have to have his destiny thrust upon him or lose peace in middle earth for good.

As lord Elrond watched his twins and Estel interact he couldn't help but smile. Estel had been with them but a small blip of time in the lifespan of an elf, yet he had completely stolen the hearts of his now brothers and adar. He was patient and kind and held an extreme capacity for compassion. He would one day become Aragorn and make a wise and respected king, but for now Elrond felt privileged to spend what time he had with his precious Estel.

Estel caught his ada's gaze and wondered what he was thinking so deeply about. "Ada, would you like to explain your stare and smile to the rest of us? Surely we missed a great joke."

Elrond snapped out of his reverie, smiled and quickly quipped, "I was just berating myself for not making you cut your messy hair before we visited the prettiest king in middle earth"

The twins shared a very serious look before they both fell back in laughter. Estel, having never been to Thranduil's kingdom, had never shared in the teasing between the "pretty" king and his adar.

Elrond had always teased his dear friend about being the most beautiful of all kings. Never mussing up his hair or dirtying his clothes in battle. Elrond always left the battlefield looking as if his own personal tornado had wreaked havoc, yet Thranduil could be dragged by his ankles through the woods by a horse and look like a beauty queen by simply dusting himself off. Elrond and the twins all laughed until they were sore while telling Estel stories of the prettiest king in all the land.