Wake up call

Andy's POV

"UGHHHHHHHH" Jenny-Anne groaned as the school bell rang loud and clear "owh that hurt my head" I could feel her plop down again, shoving her face in the pillow. I laughed a bit knowing it would take a while for her to get used to the wake-up call.

"Good morning to you too" I mumbled. Looking over at her.

"Andyyyyyyyy" she closed her eyes

"Yes?"

"I want pancakes" I laughed again, a bit harder.

"So make them" I smiled as she glared at me.

"You" she pointed at my forehead.

"Hmmm I'll need some help though"

"Who needs help making pancakes?!" She threw her arms up dramatically.

"Me duh. Come help me, get the blood flowing" I pulled her up.

"Fine, but you are doing the hard work"

"What part of making pancakes is hard Jenny-Anne?" I laughed.

"You're evil"

"I know Hun"

We made our way into the kitchen and I got out pancake mix and a bowl.

"Hey I'll be right back" Jenny-Anne said. She started making her way to the bedroom. I began to put the mix in the bowl and started mixing while I waited. Was she taking her medication? Ibuprofen? She wasn't showering. I couldn't hear water running. It's taking a long time.

"Jenn?" I called out. Nothing.

"Jenny-Anne?!" I said a bit louder. Nothing. What was she doing?

I put the bowl down and made my way to the bedroom...she isn't sleeping....is she in the bathroom?

I knocked on the door, "Jenny?" I said quietly. Is she crying? "Jen are you okay?"

"Y-yeah sorry" she said behind the closed door.

"Jenny-Anne, can I come in?" I heard the door unlock and the knob started to turn. She was just staring at herself in the mirror. Well, she wasn't wearing a shirt but it made it obvious to what she was looking at. The bruise.

"Jen..." I whispered. She probably didn't even hear me.

"It's my fault." She choked out.

I nodded my head 'no' violently. "No it wasn't Jenny-Anne. None of it was your fault." I didn't know what to do. I turned her towards me, making her look at me in the eyes. "It wasn't your fault. He was a dick and got drunk and hurt the wrong person." I said. "Okay?"

She nodded in return, "'no, do you understand that this wasn't your fault?"

"Yeah" she whispered.

"Come on, take a shower, I'll call you out for breakfast when it's ready okay?"

She smiled a little, "okay"

I hugged her tight (careful about the bruise) and kissed the top of her head. I laughed "I'll go now" before closing the door and hearing it lock as I walked away.

Well that sure was something to wake up to.