Chapter Three

As I was looking through the cabinets, I found two boxes of Hamburger helper of  lasagna, and went to the fridge to take out the defrosted ground beef. I started cooking it when all of a sudden I felt a hand slide all the way around my waist.

"What's for dinner honey?" Damien says as he sits down at the breakfast bar, and winks at me.

"Stop! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Man, calm down. Why you so upright? As my sister you have to be playful."

"Why? I don't even like you."

"What? Why not?" He lips went to a smile to a frown.

"Your like the rest of your friends. Too full of yourselves."

"I'm only like that because people think I act that way. So I do because that's what people expect me to act like. Some of the stuff I do is really me. But the stuck up rich boy." He said shaking his head.

"So your lying about your reputation?"

"In a way. I'm not that guy everyone says I am."

"Really?" Then he snickers.

"No, I'm just fucking with you. I'm rich, might as well show it."

"Your an asshole."

"I know. A rich asshole. So what did you cook me?"

"Nothing."

"Really? Come on my dad married your mom for a reason. She had a daughter my age so she can do stuff for me."

"Why couldn't you just hire someone to cook for you since your so rich?"

"Why spend money when I got you to do for free." I grabbed my glass of water turning and throwing it in his face.

"Your not the first one to throw something in my face. And probably won't be the last."

"So how many guys am I going to catch sneaking through your window?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Come on. A girl like you."

"What do you mean 'a girl like me'?"

"Really? Your going to make me say it?"

"Say what?" I was getting pissed.

"Your hot Jay. Simple as that."

"I don't think your suppose to call your step-sister hot." I said pouring my food then turned to him a inch from my face.

"We're not related by blood." He said and I felt his breath on my lips.

"Still." I said pushing him out of my way with my bowl in my hand. I ran up the stairs to my room.

When I finished my food I placed my bowl on my nightstand next to me, grabbing the remote to the TV and started watching re-runs of That's So Raven. I loved this show. Before I knew it Raven's face began to look blurry. I had drifted off to sleep.

I was dreaming that I was running. I was covered in dirt and blood, the smell of sweat. Then I fell to the ground as I got back up this big, dark figure was in front of me. I gasped when he reached for me.

That's when I woke up from that nightmare. I was sweating and the TV was still on. I ran my hand through my hair. I grabbed my bowl and went to the kitchen and this huge house I was alone in was really quiet.

"Damien?" I called out, but got no response. I guess he was out, as I finished cleaning the kitchen I went to the living room to watch more TV. But ten minutes of changing channels I heard keys. I went to the front door and there was Damien stumbling through the front door and kissed the floor.

"Shit!" He yelled out loud when he fell. I ran over to him, he was drunk.

"Oh, I forgot you lived here." He slurred out.

"Did you drive home like this?"

"No, do you think I'm stupid?" He asked.

"Kind of." I helped him up to the couch.

"It's ok, you wouldn't be the first one to think so." He said rubbing his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I don't even know why I asked but I felt so curious.

"Huh?" He said and looked up at me.

"Shit, I think it's time for me to go to sleep."

"Yeah, I think it is."

"Can you help me up to me room?"

"Sure." As I help him up I felt like we were too close.

"Hey, weren't you friends suppose to come over?" He asked me.

"I guess they got caught up in something important."

"True friends." He said as I was helping him up the stairs. Then I started to think, how the hell did he know they were suppose to come? But he was too drunk.

I took him to his room and it was huge. He has like a this thing that went around his whole room. A room looking over the other room. He had like a door open and I swear I saw stairs but I thought I was seeing things.

As I was going to walk out Damien grabbed the edge of my shirt and pulled he forward. I caught myself before I fell on top of him.

"Thank you Jay."

"Sure thing." I then left him there. He ended up crashing out.

I then went to the living to turn off the TV and everything else. As I did I went back to my room to go to sleep.

I would text my friend tomorrow to see what happened now even a text or phone to explain why they never came. I was a little upset but ended up falling asleep.