Chapter 23: Bakery Jobs.

Start from the beginning

"I'd enjoy that very much." I smile.

He laughs and eyes my finger. "Me dissing her to satisfy you won't help but I'm sure an ice pack will. You wanna go get one from the nurse's office?"

"You cheesy as fuck but it's cute." Alex smirks, squeezing his cheeks teasingly.

He grins his boyish grin and winks at her. "You know how I do."

"Go with him so it'll be okay to work with today, Karrueche," Lennie encourages me.

I nod at him and turn to August. "I'm gonna go to the nurse now."

"I'll come with you." He smiles and goes to turn around to walk me there but Chris catches his bicep which catches August's attention. "What, bro?"

"Where you going?" He furrows his eyebrows. "I thought we were gonna go to the courts."

"I'm just gonna take Karrueche to the nurse and then I'll come," he reassures Chris.

Chris looks me up and down and raises his eyebrow. "Why, what's wrong with her?"

"That leech you supposedly broke up with pushed her to the ground and possibly bruised her finger. Let's hope it isn't a bad sprain or something." He grimaces at my finger.

"Bro, it's complicated." He looks at August with pleading eyes.

"You always say that when it comes to leavin' her ass, CB," he rolls his eyes, "what's the excuse now?"

Chris has a silent conversation with August with their eyes and then blinks. "I'll come back to your house after school and I'll explain, aight?"

"Whatever, dude." He shrugs off Chris' hand. "I'll see you in a bit. Pray that asshole- I'm mean Amber didn't hurt Kae too bad."

Chris snorts at the nickname then finally looks down at me but I avoid his eyes. "She'll be fine."

And with that he walks away carelessly, making my stomach twist at the distance between us. I guess he's still going to continue with this sudden change in attitude.

August takes my other hand and I blush immediately, looking at the floor as we walk to avoid by passers staring at me shocked.

I take my hand away from him and he chuckles. "Still cute."

I blush further and curse my myself for it. I need to distract myself from being like this.

*******

"Perfect," Alex's mother's employee applauds me with a grin.

I grin too as I place the knife down after I'd just finished neatly cutting the cake orders how she taught me so they don't get damage and I also previously made a loaf of bread with her assistance. Working at this bakery isn't so bad.

"Now you know to remember the health violations Alex was discussing with a while ago, yes?" I nod and she hums. "Well then you'll know that her mother's OCD for this shop is very huge so no matter what you must always keep this place as spotless as it can get, okay?"

"Yes, of course." I nod and watch her as she works, mentally taking tips.

"Then you shouldn't have a problem." She smiles as she puts the broom at the back. "I've taught you the register, I've given you the list of prices to help you with customer service and I've given you the list of orders made by customers that will be collected."

"I'll remember everything, I promise." I grin.

"And if she doesn't, I'm here to whoop her ass into shape." Lennie grins and wraps his arm around my shoulder.