Chapter 4 : Silence

We were already at home. Settled in the living room, watching a movie before our parents leave for work.

This is what we call family time. Go home, have dinner, watch a movie in the living room. Its still better than nothing right?

Usually Aiden & I sit together at one of the long sofa. However, while Im covering my face during most parts of the horror movie, Aiden was sitting on the floor with a brick-like face. No expressions or anything.

We haven't spoke since our kiss. Why was he acting so strange? He was the one who wanted it? 

I ignored his silent treatment and gave him my own. My parents left about half an hour after the movie. After locking the door after my parents. I went into my room while Aiden remain on the floor he sat on, flipping through channels.

It was so hard trying to ignore his odd behaviour since we do everything together and not talking to him just feels wrong. I feel tears welling up in my eyes. I put on a blue singlet and one of Aiden's boxers.

I was staring at the dark ceiling when Aiden came in. I heard him sighing and he proceeded to lie down on his bed at the other end of the room. After about 5 minutes of silence, I figured he was asleep and that is when tears starts to roll down and my sniffling began.

I heard shuffling from his bed, then footsteps heading towards me. Aiden climb in next to me and he pulled me into his chest.

My tears stopped. My heart rate quickened. Although I can't see him, I could feel his tensed mood.

I ran my hand up his cheeks, trying to soothe him down. I think it worked because I immediately felt his muscles loosening. 

" Aiden, don't do that " I said slowly.

" Do what? "

" Ignore me. "

He pulled me closer and kissed my forehead.

" Goodnight Lexy "