Chapter 1: The intro

My parents first met at a park. They went for an early morning jog and they accidentally bump into one another.

They kept apologizing profusely to one another. From mumbling their apologies, their eyes land on each other, and thats where they " felt sparks ".

They went to grab coffee and after a lovely chat, they agreed on going on a date.

From one successful date to the next and until the day comes on January 20th, 1997 where my dad proposed to her during one of their dinner dates at a fancy restaurant. They were both 25.

A year plus later, a pair of fraternal twins were born on February 14th. Aiden Brooks and Alexa Brooks were just two minutes apart from each other.

The two young parents, Mary & Joseph, dedicate their life in raising the two beautiful brunettes.

We weren't that rich. Ou family earns a standard income and a 3 room apartment is what we could afford.

When my dad got a job promotion, he refused to get a bigger house because he wants the extra income to be at our luxury.

As a result, Aiden & I has been sharing the same room for 14 years now. It doesn't seem like we are going to be separating soon. Not that I mind. I like having Aiden around. He is my safety blanket.

My parents have suggested for Aiden to spend the nights in the living room but he refused due to the lack of comfort.

Aiden was my twin & bestfriend. We share everything together other than our brown hair and similar faces. We tell each other stories and secrets.

We both have separate super single beds. Its big enough for two people to sleep in actually so whenever I have nightmares, I would creep onto his bed.

It has been going on for 17 years now.

My parents started taking night shift when we were 15. As a result, we hardly see them. We get to see them after school for a few hours before we would go to bed and they would leave for work. They finish work when we start the first lesson.

My parents were really busy. They have office friends and stuff but they hardly ever hang out. They have too many office work that they even hardly have time for us.

Aiden only have me, vice versa.

We went to the same school and we eat lunch together along with some of our friends. We had never been in a relationship because we don't find the need for anyone else to be around. Its just Aiden & I against the world.