Chapter 2 - The Wolf

Ria lives about 10 minutes away from me. My parents and I live on the upper side of town where as Ria lives in the middle class. 

This isn't because Ria's family arn't rich because well they are but they arn't as rich as my family.

My father is the empire of the ocean on our coast. That's why he and my mum mostly live in the water but as for me I stay on land mostly because my mum wants me to go to school and college and when i come to the age of 21 i will be the queen of the waters and rule the ocean.

But I have five years yet so i am going to spend the most of my time left on the surface as i can. Once i fully take over the role of queen i can only go back at least 10 times a year, If needed more but the kingdom prefer for the royals to stay because when the leaders are gone that's when the underwater creatures come out and try and bring our kingdoms under and if that happens everyone in the kingdom dies and i will never let that happen.

I never really wanted to rule the kingdom and have all the pressure of looking after all the Innocent mer's put as im getting older and getting wises i know it's what i was meant to do. 

My brother is also and empire but not in the sea my dad rules, It isn't as big but close. Each sea don't always get along and sometimes fight for the sea but my brother and and are neigbour's which means we have no one in our area to fight for our sea.

If we did get an attacker my brothers kingdom would come and help fight and be reverse if they get fights we help. It works perfectly for us because then we are most likely win.

I blink. Iv'e been daydreaming again. And I'm driving oh god my dads going to kill me if he finds out ive not been concentrating on the road. I can't die be car wreck but i still can get injured.

--------------------------

 I am about two minutes away from home when a dog runs out of no where well actually think it came from the woods but when it see me coming it stops.

In the middle of the road the dog stands there looking at me.

it is about 1 am in the morning so its pitch black with only a sprinkle of stars in the sky.

As my lights on the front of my car shine on the dog i now can tell its not a dog but a wolf.

a wolf, i never believed there was actual wolves in my local town.

Yes hunters believed to see them but i never believed that full sized wolves could live in the woods that border our house.

As i look closer on the features of the wolf i can see it's black slilkey skin shining from my head lights,

and his pitch black eyes which are looking at me.  I am kind of freaked out as i look at the large large wolf, It's bigger than i expected a wolf to be but whats most freaky is that it is looking at me.

His black eyes are boring into me. What if he can sense i'm different. I never thought that was true but now i look at the wolf, surely it would have ran away at a car driving 50 miles per hour drive towards it.

But no, It just stands i9n the middle of the road and stares  at me.

As if sensing my distress it runs off to the over side of the woods.

I just sit in my car dumbfound as i saw a real life wolf for the first time and it stopped and looked at me.

When I get home I am going to have to tell my parents about this.

------------

For the next five minutes i just sit in my car and look at the woods to see if i can see the wolf again but i don't so i just carry on driving until i reach my house.

I know my parents are home when i see there car parked in the drive way. I listen to see if i can hear them. That's another perk of being a were wolf ultra hearing.

As i listen in i cant hear them, they must be in bed.

But what strange is that io cant hear there brain waves so they must not be at home thats when i smell the blood.

--------------

A/N The Wolf was just a short chapter that builds up for the next chapter and it will  make more sense later on in the book.