PART 28: Disclosing her past (Part I)

Start from the beginning

Tristan was definitely sort of her guardian angel even though he didn't know it. 

"Tristan will be here in like... seven minutes? Don't worry, I'll be back in a minute."

"In case something happens, just scream, okay?"

I nodded and gave her a reassuring smile, trying to hide my fear. My knees were shaking but I had to get her some water and the pills she needed to recover. Just like her alter ego, Tristan, Ali often suffered from anemia which made her more vulnerable to viruses.

I made my way down the stairs and noticed Ali's so called father lying on the couch surrounded by dozains of empty beer cans and a horrible smell of whiskey.

My heart started racing. 

I tiptoed to the kitchen and opened the drawer in which Ali's pills were. Then, I grabbed some water and closed the fridge satisfied that I took everything I wanted without getting noticed. 

As I turned around to go back upstairs, though, I came face to face with him. 

I cringed at the sly smirk which was plastered across his face. 

"How are you, Avery?" he asked.

"Fine," I snapped.

I knew I was impolite and all but I seriously loathed the guy for everything he had done to Ali. 

"Why so serious, kiddo? You and I used to get along, remember?"

"No. Now piss off," I lied.

It was true, though, when I first met Ali I didn't know what was going on. I only knew that her mother hit her. I have to admit that I actually thought that he was a good guy. 

"Listen here, you fucking brat!" he said grabbing my wrist causing me to drop the glass. 

"Let fucking go!" I growled.

"I thought your dad was giving you lessons about how you should be polite but he's probably not doing it the right way."

He grabbed my other wrist and pressed me up against the table of the kitchen. 

"Get off!" I yelled. 

He started unbuckling his belt. 

"Let me go!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. 

"Relax and enjoy it, kiddo," he said and laughed. 

"Get off of her!" I heard Ali yelling. 

"Go to your room, Ali!" he shouted back. 

"You sick bastard, leave me alone!" I hollered kicking him as hard as I could. 

"Fuck!" he hissed when I managed to hit his neck. 

I tried to get off the table but he kept me still. 

"Let her go, dad. I'm used to it, let her go, please." 

"Ali, no!" I shrieked. 

"Just leave, Ave," she trailed off looking into my eyes with her empty ones. 

Her father grabbed her but I was decided to not let this happen. 

"Get off, you sick prick!" I growled punching his back.

I could hear Ali whimpering as she fought underneath him, tearing my soul. 

"What the fuck, man?!" I heard Tristan's vicious growl.

"Help me!" I pleaded. 

Tristan grabbed the collar of his drunken father's shirt and punched him square in the face. 

"You fucker! Don't dare touching them again!"

"Or what, son?"

"Or I'll fucking kill you myself!"

We grabbed Ali who was shaking while straightening her clothes and raced off.

Half an hour later, we found ourselves in the field where we used to go so and talk about our deepest dreams or fears. 

Ali was sleeping on a bench while Tristan and I were sitting on its back.

"What was that, Avery?" he demanded.

"He's doing this all the time, T." I told him.

"What do you mean?!" 

"Nothing more and nothing less than what I said."

"When did it start?!" 

"When she was ten... That's why your mother is hitting her... She believes Ali is the reason why her husband doesn't want her," I trailed off with shaky voice.

"Why didn't you tell me before?!" he asked with tears in his eyes as he stared at Ali.

"She didn't want you to know... She was afraid of what he could do to you if you knew..."

"I need to help her..."

"Probably."

"I'm taking her away."

"You're only fourteen, Tristan, what will you do?!"

"We'll go to our grand-parents who live in Italy," he mumbled sceptically.

I couldn't help hating myself for being so selfish but what would I do if they left? 

"You can come with us," he said turning to look at me. 

"I can't, Tristan. You guys, just go- I'll be fine," I said faking a reassuring smile. 

He hugged me and I buried my head at the crook of his neck. 

"I'll come back for you, sweetheart," he mumbled.

Big words coming out of someone so young...

"I love you. No matter what happens," I replied.

I heard him mumbling something about love and forever and new beginnings before kissing my forehead.

Needless to say that Tristan and Ali never left. 

His father almost beat him to death when they got back home before sending him ten states away. 

"Tristan is...?" Asher asked. 

"Ali's twin brother. The love of my life. My past. My saviour. That's why it's so difficult for me to stay away from him," I trailed off. 

~*~

So, now you know Ali's story and half of Avery's past. I hope you now understand what is going on with Tristan. 

I don't know but this chapter tore my heart apart :$

THANKS FOR READING

COMMENT

&

VOTE

<3