one

London's POV-

"Your Majesty, I have a gift for you." The mortal shook, beads of sweat rolling down his face.

"What is it?" I said, leaning forward, waving my hands to dismiss the guards who were clutching onto the boy.

He held out his hands and produced a glowing bronze cage. Inside it, a large crow-like bird scuttled around, sharp bronze feathers reflecting off the light that the throne made.

"It's a Stymphalian bird, milady. It feeds off flesh and meat." He answered as I took the cage from him.

"Very unique." I complimented, leaning towards the mortal's face.

"What's your name, mortal?" I purred as he quaked with fear.

"Liam Hayes." He responded.

"Well Liam, you've brought me a very helpful gift. And for that, I shall grant you safety back to the mortal world. " I said as the Stymph rubbed his metallic feathers against my skin and cawed.

I snapped my fingers, and a packet of crystals hovered above the bird. The Stymph snapped at it, trying to eat it.

"Bad bird, that's not for you." I scolded as the woven packet of crystals dropped into Liam's hands.

"Take it." He shook his head.

"I have troubled you enough, m'lady. Granting me a safe passage back home is enough." He answered politely, setting the crystals on the ground.

"Please, my name's London."

"Okay, London, thank you." He turned around and walked through the gates.

That was nice. I thought.

Being the daughter of a devil, I usually couldn't have 4 minute conversations with anyone because they would eventually be killed by something in the underworld or they would die from fright. I rarely ever killed mortals, because I felt bad for them as my dad, aka Hades usually killed mortals who tried to go through the Underworld, but he was out for some death conference about ghost traffic jams and some Underworld technology that could magically make some weird nutrition food.
----------
I stared at myself in the mirror. Wavy curls of blue tumbled off my shoulders, framing my medium sized body. My wings protruded from my back, beating softly. My porcelain skin was getting lighter day by day. I sighed as I walked towards the kitchen and saw Stymph flapping on the kitchen table, snacking on a prisoner.

"Stymph, who gave you the prisoner?" I groaned. He squawked and shot one of his metallic feathers into a window, cracking it. On the other side of the window, I saw a figure walking towards the exit of the Underworld.

"Liam gave you the prisoner?" I asked in disbelief. No mortal dared to touch other prisoners as they thought it was disgusting and scary. Liam was the first one to touch the prisoner. The prisoner had laid, dead next to the entrance of the castle for years, decades. Heck, I think it was a century.

I guess not all mortals are bad after all.
---------
hay
this is the first chapter for 'daughter of the devil'
what do you think of it?

~cringe
please vote, comment & follow!