"You can't," Ducan stopped Zander with a firm grasp on his shoulder. "We should find out the truth before informing Gladion about this. Fortis could get into serious trouble."

"If you think that we can keep this from Gladion, you're dead wrong. It wouldn't be long before the news travel to his ears. What would you have to say if Gladion view it as a guilty means of covering up her mistake?"

At his words, Ducan dropped his hand to his side. "I'll monitor training until both of you get back."

Zander nodded before turning to me. "Let's go."

******************************

"Don't bother yourself with unnecessary worries. Gladion might not be James bond but he's not a fool."

I smiled faintly at the reference that he used. Can I imply from what he said that he believes in my innocence?

Before I could even come to any more conclusion, he knocked on the door and we were invited inside.

"What sent both of you here this early in the morning?" Gladion asked nonchalantly.

"We have something important to report," Zander said, immediately earning Gladion's fullest attention.

"What happened?"

"Our new batch of weapons that have just arrived not long ago were all corroded."

"What?" Gladion slammed his fists on the table and I jumped.

He rarely lost his cool. The weapons must be extremely important.

"You heard me," Zander answered coolly.

Is he looking for death?

"How did it happen?" Gladion demanded, his hard eyes settling on me.

I resisted the urge to step behind Zander and instead stood my ground. The last thing I want is to seem guilty in front of Gladion.

"Ryon found the corroded weapons not long ago. It's definitely the work of chemicals for the stainless steels to be in such a bad state."

"And do you know who's responsible for it?" Gladion's eyes glinted dangerously as he spoke.

"Not yet. Fortis was the one who last came in contact with the weapons though."

Gladion now directed his gaze fully at me, expecting me to say something.

"I might be the one who caused the weapons to...to corrode." I choked out.

Gladion regarded me closely with his indifferent set of black orbs before turning to Zander.
"How do you evaluate this whole incident?"

"It's still too early for me to come up with a conclusion but I suspect that someone else is responsible for it."

"Why do you said that?"

I hope he's not saying that just to shift the blame away from me. But I doubt Zander is someone who would do something that reckless.

"First, more than one person have the keys to the Weapon Room. Ryon, you, and me. Anyone can have access to the room with any of these three keys. I've checked with Ryon just now. He said that someone borrowed the key from him last night."

"Who did he say borrowed the key?"

Zander turned to look at me. "Fortis."

My eyes widened in surprise. I did not even approach Ryon yesterday night.

"I already have a key, why would I go and borrow another one from him?" I fished out the key from my pocket and placed it on the table in front of Gladion.