Loose Ends

Maya

My feet tapped nervously against the gray tile as I sat, waiting.

Lord give me strength. I thought when a guard opened the adjacent steel gray door. Angie walked out and sat in the chair facing me. The only thing between us was a bullet proof glass. She smirked as she watched me pick up the phone, then picked up hers.

"So Shawn finally left you?"

I pictured myself myself reaching through the glass and choking her to death. I took a deep breath and focused on the reason why I was her.

"No Angie. Shawn didn't leave me."

I watched as rage filled her eyes. "Why are you here Maya!? Why the fuck you lying!"

I raised a hand, letting the now approaching guard know that everything was fine.

I smiled at Angie. "I'm still standing. You tried to break me and take everything that I've ever loved. Shawn is going to be fine, Shawn and I are fine. You failed Angie, but I thank you for making me stronger and I forgive you."

"Shut up!" Angie yelled, banging on the glass.

I smiled harder, stood up, and got closer to the glass. "I won bitch."

I dropped the phone and walked away as Angie kept kicking and banging on the glass.

"This isn't over Maya!"

I shook my head at Angie's words. She was wrong it was over. It was finally over. I never looked back.

Kira

"I'm sorry."

I wiped my tears before staring at Q. I didn't know what to say to his words. I looked down at little Heaven asleep in my arms. I looked over again at Q and I could see the remorse in his eyes.

"I don't want you talking to her or seeing her ever again."

"Done. Kira I love you. You and Heaven are and forever will be my everything. I promise to love you and treat you like the queen you are for the rest of my life. I'm sorry."

I looked up at Q. This was the man that I both loved and adored. I believed him. I had made mistakes too and I knew it was time to give him my forgiveness.

"I forgive you. I love you."

"I love you too baby." Q placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

I watched as Heaven wrapped her tiny hand around his finger. We were complete.

Mo

I drove down the street in my matte Range nodding my head to Drake's Hotline Bling. I was done running. I had nothing left to loose, but I had something I needed to find. Once I pulled into a parking space my phone began to vibrate. It was Chris.

"Hello?"

"Monique don't do this. I love you."

I sighed. "Chris don't do this."

I could hear the pain in his voice, but I knew what I had to do. I couldn't lie to myself anymore because I was scared.

"I have to do this for me Chris, I'm sorry."

I waited for Chris to reply. I heard nothing for a few minutes, then the line went dead.

I got out of my car and headed into the building, almost bumping into Gezel. She looked up at me with tear filled eyes.

"I can't compete with you Monique, I can't."

I looked at Gezel as she ran out the building. What the hell was she talking about?