Scandalous

Maya

I took deep breaths as I paced back and forth on the plush hotel room carpet. My whole body was numb. I looked at Lewis.

"There's no way Angie's that damn heartless!"

"That's what I thought, but Maya all the proof is here." Lewis said while holding up the large yellow envelope.

I knew what Lewis was showing me was legitimate, I just couldn't believe it, I didn't want to.

"So your telling me that the halfway house Angie founded for abused women is just a facade for her to launder money?" This was some sick shit.

"All the donations she receives goes directly to her pockets, Maya, Angie is involved in some shady shit. I knew Jessie was on to something but damn I-"

"Jessie? How do you know Jessie?" I asked Lewis.

"She's my sister."

"Wait you never mentioned her in highschool, why wouldn't you ever tell me you had a sister?"

"Its complicated okay, its not something I wanna talk about right now." Lewis rubbed his hand over his face.

I could tell by the look in Lewis's eyes that whatever the reason was pained him. I decided to drop it, for now.

"Maya will you stop pacing, take a look at these." He said handing me the large envelope. The first thing I pulled out was a stack of photos. When I realized of what my hands began to shake in anger. Crazy bitch. I wanted yell, but I was speechless as I flipped through the photos of Shawn stepping out of his Lamborghini, Shawn walking into his building, Shawn stepping aboard his jet, Shawn walking out of a bathroom, the bitch even had one of Shawn picking out my engagement ring.

"I'm gonna hurt that bitch."

"Maya there's one more picture. I think he's working with Angie. When I showed Jessie she wanted to talk to you right away, you know him?"

I pulled out the last photo of Angie and a man in what looked like a heated discussion. Someone tell me this shit ain't real. Please.

Shawn

"Honestly Shawn I think I'm just waiting for someone to tell me this ain't real man." I looked over at Q. It was obvious my boy was hurting. I was visiting Kira, and like always Q was by her side.

"Look I know you blame yourself, but its not your fault. Kira's gonna be okay."

Q shook his head. "I hope so, because I don't see me forgiving myself if she isn't."

"Man you gotta stop beating yourself up, you gotta be strong for your daughter."

Q smiled. "Bro I'm having a daughter, I can't believe it." Q paused in thought. "Man I'm gone have to hurt some niggas."

I started laughing.

"Soon that's gone be you and Maya." Q said.

I stopped laughing, and felt my jaw clench. "Possibly." I said dryly.

Q looked at me crazy. "What you mean possibly?

"Maya's pregnant, but it might not be mine...... she cheated on me." My pride wouldn't even let me look at Q when I said that shit.

"What the fu-" boopboopboopboopboop Kira's heart monitor began to go off.

Q and I both looked over at Kira, her heart rate had increased. A nurse walked in and quickly rushed to Kira's side.

"Is she okay?" Q asked her.

"She's fine, did anything fall or anything happen that could possibly startle her?" She asked.