Lunch-part 1

Bea had slept over Alice's house. She woke up and went downstairs where Zeke was eating cereal.

'Hey' she yawned.

'Good morning, where is my sister?'

'She is still asleep. How was Brandon yesterday? She seemed really worried.'

'Yeah...he was so wasted but I am sure he is fine, I can't even imagine how he is feeling right now but he will be ok' Zeke smiled.'Hey, I was wondering, my parents aren't home today, do you want to have lunch here? We can have a barbecue or something. It will cheer her up, you know how she is about this stuff. I'll invite Matt and a few other friends, it will be fun.'

'Ughhh socializing...' she thought, but it was for her friend so she agreed ' Yeah sure, do you want me to go shopping for the ingredients? '

'We can both go. Let's go now that she is still asleep, she won't be able to say no if we already bought everything.'

Zeke and Bea went to the grocery store and brought home tones of food. Chicken, beef, chips, corn, ice cream literally everything they could find that was related to barbecues or Alice might like.

'We are home.' Zeke screamed 'Alice?'

'I am here.' she screamed from the kitchen.

She was looking terrible, Alice was always very careful about her looks but that day she was so messy it didn't even look like her.

'Hey Alice, how are you?' Bea asked.

'I am fine.' she replied in a not very enthusiastic way.

'Listen...I had this idea and we already bought everything so you can't say no.' Said Zeke.

'Oh god, what did you do?' Alice didn't feel like doing anything, all she wanted was to watch a movie and sleep all day.

'We are going to have a barbecue. Today. For lunch.'He said.

'What? like in a few hours?' Alice screamed.

'Ahm...more like in a few minutes, Matt said he would be here at 1pm and it's already 12:25 pm'

'Oh my god you guys are insane! I have got to go get dressed. Come on Bea, you can wear some of my clothes.'

They both went to her bedroom and got dressed. Bea was now wearing a cute floral dress with her ankle boots and Alice didn't let her leave the room until she had put on some make up. When they were finally ready they went down, all dressed up.

'Guys...flash news: no one but Matt can come.' Zeke was laughing because they had so much food for only 4 people. Bea and Alice started laughing too because of how ridiculous the situation was until they were interrupted by the door bell.

'Hey Mat, come in. My sister and her friend are in the living room, meet me outside lunch is almost ready.'

Matthew went to the leaving room to greet Alice and whoever was that friend.

'Holy shit. I can't believe that is the cute girl I danced with yesterday. I wonder if she remembers me.'

'Oh god, that's the guy from the club, crap crap crap, relax Bea, god RELAX.'

'Hi' he said to Alice.

'Hey Zeke, this is my friend Bea.'

'Hi' they told each other with a huge smile on their faces, almost like they were laughing.

'Do you guys know each other?' Asked Alice really confused.

'More or less.' Answered Matt, still smiling.

Alice was going to ask Bea what had happened the night before but she was interrupted by Zeke who called them for lunch.

They were starting to eat when Beatriz received a Facetime call.

'Excuse me.' She said and picked up while walking to the leaving room. 'Olá mãe! Dá-me um segundo.' (portuguese for "hey mom, give me a second.")

'Ok, what the hell did she just say?' Matt asked.

'That is portuguese, she is form Portugal. She is here studying management.' Alice explained.

'Oh that is cool. I hadn't notice she wasn't canadian.' said Matthew.

'Yeah I hadn't realized it either only when Alice told me.' mentioned Zeke. 'But she speaks another language right?' Zeke asked Alice.

'Yes, she is a poliglot, she speaks portuguese, english, french and italian, all fluently.' She answered.

'Woah that is impressive.' said Zeke.