Chapter 17: Sorry!

:Media, I drew what the fluffy exceed looks like. Not the best but... It's what I could do:

3rd Person POV:

As you were about to fall soft fur snaked around your wrist. When the branch gave you were in the same place held by the flying cat. You staid as still as you could. If I make too much movement it'll drop me, you thought. You looked down, it was a long drop. "Damn," you said through gritted teeth. The exceed started going higher up and avoiding the branches as it proceeded to the open skies above.

You took a deep breath and looked at the moon. Your eyes were narrow and eliminating blue. Pressure grew on your wrist as the exceed's tail tightened. "I can go home," the exceed smiled at the stars. You're frustration left at that statement.

"You... You want to go home?" You asked.

The exceed looked down at you and smiled, "Yeah. It's been so long! I-I can't even remember what it was like. 9 long years... Now I can go back!"

The exceed closed its eyes and gave a toothy grin. The corner of your lips curled up in a small grin, it's kind of cute. Your thoughts were cut short, however, when something hit the exceed's head... Hard.

It's eyes opened for a split second then they started to close. Its body went limp, its wings retracted. The neon green eyes, now half lidded. You both started to fall. Again! You screamed in your head with frustration, can I just have a break!

Thinking quick you reached out and grabbed the exceed. Holding it close to your embrace you turned around so your back was facing the ground. You curled yourself in a ball, waiting for impact.

Sharp pain shot through your body with a pound thud. You started to flip and roll on the ground. Each hit you let out a small grunt. When you were streaking to a halt, you loosened your arms and let out a long groan. You say up and rubbed your back. "Ow," you winced.

Fast feet were heading towards you. You looked at the approaching person. "(Y/N)! Are you okay?" Sting asked worried.

"Just great," you laughed. You sat up and slowly moved your hands to reveal the fluffy grey exceed. Lector wasn't all that far away from Sting. Lector cocked an eyebrow, "Who the hell is that?"

"I should be asking you that," you brushed its cheek with your thumb. Its fur was as soft as silk. The exceed started to stir. Its eyelids steadily opened. It looked at you confused, "Who are you?"

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N), member at Sabertooth, and the Moon Dragon Slayer," you smiled, "And who might you be?"

The exceed sat up. It rubbed its head and yawned, "I don't remember..."

"What's your name?" You asked worriedly.

"Uh... I don't have one," It sweat dropped, "All I know is... is... uh..."

"Sting!" You shot daggers his direction.

He put his hands up defensively, "I didn't mean to throw the rock that hard!"

You just simply sighed and pet the exceed's head, "That's fine. You can stay with us if you'd like."

It shook its head, "I really should be going home. Lady-"

Lector cut the exceed off, "Lady Shagotte. Idiot! The mission was a lie! We aren't suppose to go 'home'. This" -he pointed to the ground- "This is our home. We are here to keep our population!"

The exceed's eyes filled with tears. It started to shake its head in disbelief, "No! You're wrong! We... We... I... I don't know."

"Listen, toots. It's hard to take  in, I know. But you must believe me. It's best if you stick with (Y/N). She's nice, caring, and she's a good person. She won't hurt you."

"NO!" Tears streamed down her face, "I just want to go home!"

Without thinking your arms wrapped around the exceed again. Tightly you hugged it, "I know. I know exactly how you feel." A salty tear hit the exceed's forehead. She looked up and saw you crying as well. Her eyes started to shake and her lip started to quiver. Her small paws wrapped around your neck.

Sting sadly smiled. He looked up to the night sky, at the shining moon. It was a clear night, the stars glistened and sparkled. He never noticed how the moon looked so alone. Even with the stars all around it, and the Earth so close.. yet so far. He never felt so guilty before, I was blind. I didn't see how alone she felt until now. He looked down at you and the crying exceed. His gaze went to his exceed Lector. He smiled and patted Lector's head, "I think we should call it a night." Lector nodded. As they went back to the campsite, you and the exceed staid in the same position.

~*~*~*~*~*

In the morning you woke up with the fluffy cat in your grasp. You two fell asleep still hugging. You smiled and petted her head, "Wake up, sleepy."

"I'm up, I'm up," She groaned rubbing the sleep from her eyes. You sat up, "So.. what should I call you."

She shrugged, "I don't know."

"Luna? Lunar? Evelina? Tsuki? Fluffy?..." You started brain storming names. "Oh! How about Star!" You placed your hand at your chin, "Jarvis?" A light bulb popped in your head, "Stellar?"

"Uh... I like-"

___Chapter End

Thank you guys so so much for giving all these awesome names! I couldn't decide so here you guys get to vote! Shout outs to Dreamer141 , DarkMisstress , LittleFluffyKitten , Lucille3113 , Neverland0123 , MidknightMusic , GalaxySwirlStar  , and FairyTail_Gurl for all the great names. I'll be updating by Friday so quick get your votes in!! And as always stay colorful, my little rainbows!

~PastelASAP