Chapter 16: Lovely Losers

Zacznij od początku

Honestly, after last night, I'm curious to see what Patrick's back looks like.

I'm sure there are fingernail scratches, up and down his entire back.

Whoops.

That would be my fault.

I get in the shower, and let the hot water roll through my hair, and down my body.

I stay in the shower for about ten minutes, before getting out, drying off, and changing into my clothes for the day.

I decide on a pair of capris skinny jeans, and a grey v-neck.

I apply a light layer of makeup, and make sure that my hickeys aren't completely visible.

With that, I head downstairs.

I walk into the kitchen, expecting Patrick, but I find Jackie Kane sitting on the barstool, with a bowl of cereal.

"Jackie?" I ask, as I head into the kitchen.

"Hey girl!" She says, smiling at me.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I ask, laughing as I get the cereal out of the pantry.

"Patrick invited Jessica, Erica, and I over for breakfast this morning. I guess he got lonely while you were still asleep." She shrugs, laughing.

"Gotcha. How long have you been here?" I ask.

"About an hour." She replies.

"Cool. Where's Patrick and the other girls?" I ask, as I pour milk into my cereal.

"Outside by the pool, I think." She says.

I nod, as I sit down across from Jackie at the counter.

"So how was your day yesterday?" I ask.

"Pretty good. Erica and I went shopping, but that's about it. You?" She asks.

"Pat and I spent the day Downtown. It was really nice. I finally tried that ice cream place that you guys are all obsessed with." I laugh.

"OH MY GOD, LUCKY. That place is amazing." Jackie says, closing her eyes.

"It really is." I agree.

"What else did you guys do? That can't be it." Jackie says.

"No, really! We had a really nice day." I say, as I get up to grab a banana from the fruit basket.

I hobble my way back to the barstools at the counter.

The muscles between my legs are killing me.

My muscles are so strained, it's literally death.

"Oh my God, I'm so sore." I sigh.

I widen my eyes at the ground, when I realize what I've just said.

Shit.

"From what?" Jackie asks, puzzled.

"I don't know." I lie, shrugging.

Jackie eyes me for a few moments, before continuing to eat.

The girls and I are extremely close, and as weird as it may seem, have no trouble talking about Patrick and my's sex-life.

Although we don't have trouble talking about it, I prefer not to talk about it with them.

Jackie gasps, suddenly.

I look up at her, my eyes wide.

"What?" I ask.

She's biting her lip, and pointing at me.