11. September 2nd//7:04 AM.

Edward's Perspective

I groaned as I woke up, staring at the three heads staring over me from the side of the bed. I looked around--I was in the hospital. One of those people staring up at me was Kristen, the other two were a doctor and a nurse. I felt slightly relieved--I hated being alone. But on the other hand, I was frightened. Why was I in a medical bed and where was Ella? I didn't feel too bad...

" Do you feel better Mister Nygma? " Kristen asked me, I groaned again, trying to sit up.

" Where is Ella? " I asked as they all tried to stop me from getting up.

" Please stay seated, Mister Nygma--you're very hurt. " The doctor told me, but I ignored him.

" Fine, I asked you a question--where is Ella? "

" I don't know who you're talking about... " I looked at him dead on, then looked at Kristen.

" Miss Kringle. " I spoke slowly as she wasn't sure what to say. I knew that she knew, of course she knew. " would you know where she would be? " she hesitated.

" Um no. No I am not aware. "

" Miss Roselend, you mean? " the nurse questioned me as the Doctor gave her a scolding stare. 

" Yes, yes I do. Would you know? " I replied quickly, sitting up and ignoring the two others.

" That's enough out of you, Nurse West. " the doctor interrupted. I turned back to look at him, he flashed me a fake smile, probably Vulcanite.  He looked surprisingly fake, as if his face was also unnatural. But it wasn't an unusual behavior for Gotham.

Almost all of the doctors wanted to look better than the most of what Gotham's finest had to offer. And not to mention a good amount 'Gotham's finest' consisted of the students that made the D-list. Even though the GCPD was luckily the town's biggest exception. But unlucky for this man--that was not a good enough reason for me to give up and turn the other way.

I looked back over to the Doctor. " Sir. " I coughed.

" Please, call me Doctor Hudson. " I coughed louder.

" Doctor Hudson if you do not tell me where she is I will go find her myself. " his facial expression changed from a fake pleasant to a real seriousness.

" Mister Nygma you are incredibly weak. You can't walk. " The nurse agreed.

" Well than find me a wheel chair. If not, my legs aren't broken. " I pointed out, the man sighed. But I continued anyway. " And Miss Kringle can accompany me and help me down the hallway--if I really am that weak. " I admit it, I was at this point talking back in the slightest. But unlike how I regularly was, I was letting myself speak my mind more than usual.

" I guess that would be fine. " Kristen faked a smile at them, but they wouldn't budge. I apologized quietly for putting her through that position--but I had to.

" Who even said she was alive? " The nurse laughed awkwardly, but as I looked back over to Kristen--something in her face had clearly changed.

" Edward. Let's go. " she replied sternly, slowly looking at me.

" Go? W-What do you mean by go? " I questioned, a lump in my throat.

" I mean--I know where her room is. You should be fine. Let's. Go. " I looked down at my clothing, the same from the day I got in the wreck. I knew I was probably supposed to be in a medical gown, but I wasn't complaining. The only thing of corruption I found okay with this place, was the ignorance to a dress that I would have to hold together on my body.