Consequences

Hi guys it's been a while since I last updated. Sorry about the wait. I'm doing my best. Wow 500+ readers viewers whatever those things are called I don't know.  Thank you all so much for the support! It's really nice to know that so many of you enjoy my story. Please keep up the positive comments. Tell me what you think.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roy's POV

I woke up to the beeping of an alarm clock. Beep beep beep. It was demanding me to get up. The longer I waited to louder it seem to get. Reluctantly, I sat up and switched it to off mode. Why am I being waken by an alarm clock? I hated alarm clocks. I rubbed my eyes then my vision cleared. Why am I in the guestroom? Why am I naked! Then the memories of the previous night came back to me.

I remembered her body up against mine. Each moment was magical. I had never felt so close to her before. I didn't know what would happen next. It was my first time and I'm pretty sure it was hers too. I turned to her side of the bed. I expected to see her, but her side was empty and neatly made. "Riza!"  I called. My voice echoed through the empty house.

I threw my clothes and ran out of the room. She wasn't anywhere to be found. "Riza where are you!" I screamed as I ran into the living room. I stumbled and tripped over something. It was that lighter. "Damnit!" I yelled. And I picked up the lighter and threw it forcefully across the room. All I seem to be able to do was hurt her. She couldn't even face me. Riza Hawkeye was gone and didn't want to be found. As much as I wanted to go after her, I had to get to work. I got into my car and started to drive.

~~~one car ride later~~~

As I walked in I was greeted by second lieutenant Havoc as usual. "Good morning sir." he said "How is the Lieutenant doing?" as I was about to answer I heard a familiar voice behind me. "I'm doing fine" it said. I spun around and there was Hawkeye, ready for work, in her uniform. "Riza-um uh lieutenant what are you doing here?" I asked. "My physical therapist just cleared me for work." She said. "I have all of the paperwork here." She handed me a bunch of paperwork that I knew I would slack off and not read. I let out a sigh of relief almost loud enough for her to hear it. "Well I better get back to work." I said, excusing myself "Come lieutenant." I said I needed to talk to her in private. I let her into my office and shut the door behind us.

"We need to talk." I started. " What about sir?" She asked. " You know what." I said. My heart was pounding. I didn't know what would happen next. We broke the law. If word word to get out of this both of us would be stripped of our military ranks and turned loose to the world. We worked too hard to get to where we were to give up. That wasn't even the biggest problem. The real problem was that I didn't regret what I did. If I could've gone back and change things I wouldn't have. "What happens now?" I asked her. Hawkeye was the kind of person who always had a plan. She was always able to see the best path to take. It's because she was a sniper. Snipers always had to make decisions in the heat of the moment. They had to decide whether the person they were about to shoot was an enemy or one of our men. Once that was figured out they had to decide whether to end her life or not. "Sir I do not know what you're talking about." She said. The look in her eyes were begging me to drop it. She looked as if she was about to cry. I could see many emotions on her face. "Permission to leave in order to use the restroom sir?" She asked. She looked as if she might've burst into tears if she had stayed any longer. Sometimes I forgot that that brave, strong, fearless brick wall was actually just a human being like everyone else. "Permission granted." I said reluctantly. I didn't want to just dismiss what had happened. However, I couldn't help but agree with her that it was the smartest decision. Not talking about it assured that none of us would get caught. She saluted then exited the room quickly. I couldn't read her. I couldn't tell how she felt. The whole situation seem to eat at her, yet she refused to talk about it. I couldn't bring it up without it getting shot down by her.