Hope

Hey guys! I decided to write a chapter since I had the long weekend. I'm sorry if the last one was a little sad. *sniff sniff*. I know these chapters have been taking me a little bit longer than they normally do, but don't worry I'm not going to give up and I will do my best to have as many out and as frequently as possible. I decided to make this one longer because I knew it might be a while before I got another one out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Roy's POV
"You can visit her now." The nurse said to me. Then she offered her hand to me to help me up. I ended up sleeping in the waiting room. I couldn't go home. I couldn't just leave her. I was getting dirty looks from all of the doctors. I deserved them. I made a complete fool of myself earlier when I thought that the lieutenant was gone forever. I'm not going to apologize for it. I was just glad she was safe.

"You must think I'm crazy." I said to the nurse. She was the only one who didn't judge me. She was very calming. "Of course not sir. " She responded. "It's ok" I said, " You don't have to lie to me. I know that I made a huge scene yesterday. I just... I just was in a lot of shock." "Trust me" she said " I don't think you're crazy. In fact I know that feeling. A couple of years ago my fiancé died in the hospital. When the doctor told me, I lost it. I loved him so much. I started to scream at the doctor and fell to the floor sobbing. A couple of nurses tried to drag me away so that I wouldn't scare the other patients, but I wouldn't budge. I ended up punching one of them in the face. They ended up kicking me out." "Oh!" I said "I'm so sorry!" "No," she responded " Don't be. His death is what ended up motivating me to become a nurse. I wanted to help others the way that those nurses couldn't help me." "Well you're certainly doing a great job." I said.

We walked down a bunch of hallways until suddenly she stopped in front of a door. "She's still asleep." She said. "We don't know when she's going to wake up or even if she's going to wake up. But you can still see her." Then she put her hand on the handle and pushed down on it. The door swung open.

There was Riza, in a hospital gown, lying on the bed. I ran over to her and put her hand in mine. She was far from ok.

"You really love her don't you." The nurse said to me. "Oh no!" I replied panicked " We are just really close and all. You know as commander and subordinate. Besides it's against the rules." The nurse chuckled a bit. "Don't worry," she said "I have better things to do than snitch on a couple of love birds like you." "We're not-" I started to reply but then I stopped when I heard a little noise coming from Riza. She was waking up!

She stirred. Slowly her eyes began to open. Her brown eyes scanned the room and then looked up to me."Colonel?" She asked, "Is that you?" She tried to sit up, but winced and lay back down. " Take it easy!" I said "Your wounds aren't fully healed yet." The nurse walked over to her. "You are in the hospital of Amestres and the Colonel here volunteered to guard you while you recover." She glanced over to me "I'll leave you two alone for a bit while I go find the doctor to explain your injuries to you." She turned and left the room, closing the door behind her.

"What the hell were you thinking!" I screamed at Riza. I didn't go easy on her just because she was hurt. She scared me to death! "What do you mean what the hell was I thinking?" She asked. "My job is to protect you. I'm your bodyguard not the other way around. It's my duty to make sure you become führer even if that means taking a bullet for you. Now what the hell were you thinking? It was stupid for you to try to save me. Especially alone! You need to be more careful. You walked right into their trap. It was my fault you were there so I deserved that bullet."

Now it was my turn to get angry. " You are so stubborn!" I shouted at her. "It was not your fault! You didn't ask to get kidnapped! Of course I want to become führer, but I want you more. I need you more. I don't want to become führer if you aren't by my side, supporting me." I stopped only just realizing what I had said. My face turned pink. "What I mean is ..........um........" I needed to play it off. "Becoming führer is not worth anybody dying." Ya. That sounded good. "Ok Sir" she said, "I'm sorry." She was hiding her face. Was she bushing too? I Started to chuckle. "What's so funny?" She demanded, "I'm sorry. "I said between laughs, "It's just.......Your face..........You're totally blushing." "I am not!" She denied. I fell to my knees, laughing. "You are so immature?" she said but her face only got pinker. She looked kind of cute. Suddenly the door burst open.

A doctor walked into the room, followed by the nurse. He gave me a dirty look as he walked by me. He was the one who told me she was crashing. He was the one who saved her life. I felt a little guilty for screaming at his coworkers. "Well, miss," he said, "you were quite the fighter." He put up the x-rays. My hands started to shake with wrath. Those bastards broke so many of her bones. "Your condition should've been fatal," he continued, " The bullet passed through here." He said pointing at the x-ray. "If you would jumped even one second later you would be dead. I'm surprised you even made it this far."

That was a rather rude thing to say. Then again he did save her life so who was I to call him out on it? "As far as your treatment goes," he said, "you will be in a lot of pain, but give it a few months and I expect a full recovery." I was so overjoyed. "You will be on a lot of painkillers so we will keep you in the hospital for another week or two. After he said that he left the room. "You two are very lucky," the nurse said, "Somebody up there must be looking out for you." I didn't believe in gods or miracles, but somehow I felt, no, I knew that Hughes was watching over me. "Get yourself a wife." He always teased me. Well Hughes, maybe one of these days I just might.

~magical time skip of magicalness~

The next few days were lonely. She was in a lot of surgery and as her guard I had to stand outside of the door and wait. I visited her as much as I could. The nurse noticed that I had been sleeping in the waiting room for the past few nights. I refused to leave the hospital. She managed to sneak me into the on-call room sometimes. I started to sleep better. It was nice to sleep on a bed.

Hawkeye had been in the hospital for almost a week. I walked into her room as I normally did in the morning. "Good morning Lieutenant." I said. Heyyyyyy Roy." She said. She was clearly on a lot of painkillers. "You look handsome today." I chuckled. If she could here herself right now who knows what she would do. "Thank you." I said. "How are you feeling?" I didn't know why I even bothered to ask since she wouldn't remember this conversation in a few hours. "The world is going in circles." she said. "I'm dizzy." "Well you should rest." I said to her. "I'll let you get some sleep." "Ok!" She said. I left the room and was about to close the door when I heard her say "I love you, Colonel"
A/N hbejdjxjdjjfhxjjcjdnsbxhcjjd *falls out of chair.*
I almost gasped. Did I hear her right? When she said it she sounded different than how she sounded before. It almost sounded like she was serious. I dismissed it as nothing since she was loopy and she's not herself. I couldn't help but smile. Her words echoed in my head.

~time skip 1 week~

All the discharge papers have been signed. She was feeling a lot better, but she was still on bed rest. "It is extremely important that you stay in bed." The doctor said, "You don't want to postpone your recovery." I pushed her in a wheelchair. "I'm glad I can finally leave this place," she said, "now I just need to find a good hotel." Oh Ya I forgot. The military was still investigating her apartment. She wasn't allowed to go back there until they were finished. She might mess up the investigation somehow."Hey, there's no need for that." I said, "You can stay in my guestroom." "Oh no sir-" she started to protest, but I interrupted her. "Besides you're on bedrest. You'll need someone to help you." "I don't need-," but I interrupted her again. "And you can help me with my paperwork!" "I guess so, sir," She finally agreed." Great!" I said. The nurse helped us into the car I thanked her so much for everything. We were on our way. Back to my apartment we went. Little did I know the next few weeks were going to be the best and worst of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! How did you like the longer chapter? I added a few more things. First I added the time skips. I didn't want to have to write a whole other chapter so I just decided to put time skips and to make things run a little more quickly. I also added the authors notes. By the way, no I did not have a seizure and start randomly hitting my keyboard. That was just me fangirling because Royai is my OTP. Next chapter I'll be adding in some of the other characters such as Ed, Winry, Al, and maybe even Ling and Lan Fan. Please comment if you have any ideas, suggestions, positive feedback etc.