chapter 1

Tmp tmp tmp. They're catching up to me. Those cops can't take a joke, but if you see a tiger I'd imagine that you'd run away from it instead of chasing it. Aww man, I'll probably transform back soon, I have to lose them. I turned the corner and spotted some bushes, the darkness helped me even better. I jumped behind some bushes

*poof*

Just in time. I quickly put on my clothes, which I held in my mouth whenever I transform; the three officers came by me, so I tried acting natural.

"Excuse me, Miss?" He asked all covered in sweat from the chase.

"Yes?" I answered as innocently as I could.

"I don't suppose you've seen a tiger run by here, have you?" He asked searching around, I wanted to laugh so bad.

"Can't say I have," I shrugged, "now if you'll excuse me a lady such as myself shouldn't be out here this late." I wonder if they're actually believing this, I thought as I turned around. While I turned away, my hair uncovered my cheeks.

"Say, I recognize those stripes on your cheeks." he said making me freeze in my tracks.

"Sorry, you must be mistaking me for another delinquent." Oh, shoot! Why did I say that? I made a dash for my house before the cops could answer.

     Once I arrived home I sneaked through my window, which was on the second floor of our apartment. We had no neighbors, in fact, the only people living in this apartment was my Sensei and I. Not many people wanted to live in the middle of nowhere although town was a short run away. I opened my window quietly and when I was inside I took off my boots since it was our rule. Once I had my slippers on, I sneaked downstairs to get dinner started but when I entered the kitchen my Sensei was there with the cops!

"That's her! That's the girl who knocked over the cart of fruits!" he yelled pointing at me. "I don't know how, but she also released a tiger in the town." I giggled at his stupidity and how red he had gotten.

"I understand, my apology." my Sensei said with a calm tone. He was always calm, I don't remember a time he has ever yelled at me all he does is give me more training hours which I started enjoying.

"You have to get that girl under control," the cop then reaches over and grabs my Sensei by his robe, "or I assure you she will be sent to jail."

     The man tightens his grip which angered me so I started to run over to him until Sensei held his hand up to me, telling me to stay where I am.

"I understand, don't worry I'll take care of it," he says with such calmness, almost ignoring that his robe was being grabbed. "You will not see her roaming around causing trouble anymore."

     He had a tone that can persuade anyone, so the cop loosened his grip and let go, giving me a hard look. "Alright, just one more chance." He says exiting the door.  I let out a huge sigh.

"Sensei, I can explain," I started to say but I didn't know how to end it, "you see, I...

"Mai," he said startling me, "will you cook dinner, I'll start on setting the table." He left after he was done talking without waiting for a response or even looking at me.

     I was really concerned, he would've usually ground me by now or tell me how much extra training I would do but instead, he acted as if nothing happened. Without a second thought, I ran into the kitchen to cook for dinner, which is what I always do since Sensei had no idea how to cook, except rice balls. I picked up my hair which resembled the color of blood and started cutting up some green bell peppers that matched my eyes. Once dinner was ready I served some to Sensei and myself but I was worried since he hasn't said a word.