Pokemon Day Care Center

Start from the beginning

I and you were sitting on a bench, surrounded by Pokémon. You had a bowl and were feeding them all and we were laughing. Then you…

She got silent and blushed. When I pushed for more she stopped talking and just looked down. Could it be? Did she want me to kiss her? I looked at her and when we made eye contact she turned her head.

Le… lets go to the park. I need some fresh air.

I nodded and walked towards the door to the front of the gym. There was a battle at the front but it was obvious that he would not win. The gym team was only on his second Pokémon and by the look on the trainers face; he was down to one of his last.

“If you need me I will be taking a walk in the park with Jess. If you happen to win come and find me, we can battle on their ground.”

I walked around the battle and out the front door, with Jess following closely behind.

******************************************************

I cannot believe that I almost told him that. Jess thought to herself. She couldn’t stop playing the dream over and over in her head though. Both were sitting on the bench surrounded by Pokémon. They were laughing because Matthew had just said a joke and she pressed up against him. He leaned down and they ki…

No. There’s no way he could feel that way about me. I am just a Pokémon, he wants another human. We are friends but that is all we can ever be. He would never allow it.

She hung her head in shame at the thought, but looked back at him.

Maybe if I could just read his mind. Then I could tell what he actually thinks of me when I ask him. No… he would never forgive me; even if he did like me that may scare him away. Damn…

******************************************************

As we approached the park I walked towards a table.

“Here why don’t you sit here and I’ll see if I can find us a snack.”

The one thing I loved about this city was that the park was so rarely visited, there was no one ever around and there were still wild berries growing around.

I walked off the path into a thicker portion of the park. There were bushes and trees everywhere. I got down on my knees and started pulling off Cherri berries.

I don’t know how long I was taking but I got woken out of daze when I heard a scream. Realizing it was Jess I bolted up, dropped all the berries and ran towards her.

When I broke through the clearing I stared in horror. Jess was lying bloody on the ground with a group of Pidgeys pecking at her. A few were laying on the ground unconscious from her psychic attacks.

I yelled as I ran towards her, batting away the pests with my hands. The one disadvantage to having one Pokémon was that I was the only one who could defend her. I took out her ball and tried to retreat her, but the ball didn’t recognize her as a Pokémon since she was so badly damaged. I cursed and covered her body with mine. The Pidgeys pecked at my back and arms but eventually I was able to break out of the swarm.

I ran towards the north, the whole two miles to the Pokémon center. When I broke through the door I screamed “Help!” and my vision went black. The last thing I remember was hitting the ground.

When I woke up Nurse Joy was standing over me.

“You had quite the adventure,” she said in a giggly voice.

I groaned as I sat up. My arms were covered in bandages.

“What happened to my arms?” I asked in shock.