3

He gets up off the floor and leaves shutting the door behind himself. Taking my shoes off and then my pants the rest of the way off I get up and go into the bed room. Once in there I remember I left my cell phone out in my purse. I walk back out and get it. I turned the screen on, 1 missed call ~Amy~ 3 minutes ago. I listen to the voice mail. "Marissa, I have some big news call me back quick." I hit the call back button.

She picks up on the 3rd ring. "Hey, I have big news!" she screams into the phone, as if she where trying to talk to me a mile away. "Yea what is it?" I ask a little annoyed with her loudness so early in the morning. "I am in love with your neighbor!" she screams. "You are?" I ask flabbergasted. "My neighbor as in Jake?" I stammer. "Yea, I figured because you guys are friends who could like I don't know, set us up." She says. "Oh I am so happy for you of course I can!" I say pretending to be excited. "Great! Talk to you more at work tomorrow. Night!" she shouts into the phone.

Walking back to my room and falling onto the bed I feel defeated. She beat me to him, had the confidence to tell first. Now that I know she 'loves' him I can't make a move on him. Not that I would, would I? Ugh I have to go to bed.

I get into my bed still wearing my shirt from today. I curl up with my body pillow and wish it was Jake. Then think that's a little weird, and just try to keep my thoughts quite. But I can't! My mind keeps going back to the phone call I had with Amy, how am I going to let my best friend take my man. He has been my neighbor for 4 years. I have known Amy for the same amount of time. I will just do as she asks, and keep a friendship, if I can even call it that, I don't even know if he likes me.

I am sure he likes Amy, Amy is perfect. She is like this little pixie. With these killer curves and is almost as skinny as a rail. It's not fair. How can I compare to that when all I have is a stomach? Ugh I hate food! Before I can stop myself I scream, "I HATE FOOD!" and start crying into my body pillow. Quickly I stop crying, "WHAT AM I DOING?!" I scream. I get up and go to the living room and find my pants I left on the floor.

I throw them on and open my door and slam it shut. Taking two stairs at a time I run down the steps. I unlock the door and walk out and into the little hall and then the next door that took me back into the bar. I walk up to the bar, "KEN! I NEED SOMETHING ANYTHING YOU GOT!" I scream earning me some strange looks from the drunks who have been here all night. "You got it babe." Ken replies with a grin and a wink. Within seconds he has a drink in front of me. Not even caring I chug in in seconds. "Thanks." I say before adding, "Put it on my tab."

I get up and walk over to the other room where the pool tables are. Seeing them I remember the many times when Jake and I would come down after closing time and play some games of pool. Smiling I walk over to the punching bag station. There is a big gruff looking man using it. "Excuse me are you almost done?" I ask. "A little missy like you don't need to be playing with a punching bag." He says looking me up and down.

I may be short but I am not little. "Then maybe you will volunteer to be my punching bag?" I ask. "I don't think so little missy." He says. "Here." He says stepping back. Grabbing the blue gloves off the shelf I prefer I walk up to the punching back and get into a rhythm instantly. I let out a guttural scream. I hear the gruff man say, "Feisty one." "You know it." I scream.

Quickly I lose track of time. "Missy you better stop, someone here wants to talk to you." The gruff man says to me. I grab the bag to stop the momentum. Turning around I see Jake. "Oh hey Jake." I say stepping off the mat. "Marissa? Are you ok? I heard screaming and doors slamming." He says sounding worried.

"Yea I am fine. I just needed to make myself tiered. So I could sleep." I say wiping some sweat that had been forming on my forehead like it's nothing. I couldn't really tell him that I got a phone call from Amy and was pissed at what she had to tell me. "Ok well its 1:40 I am heading to work, thought I would let you know I left the door unlocked because you don't have your key." He said. Realizing in my furry I left without my key, but locked the door behind me. "At least I remembered my pants." I shrug.

"Marissa." He starts but doesn't continue. The bar closes at 2:00 AM and Kelly the normal waitress is walking around picking up chairs and wiping up the tables. Realizing Jake was talking to me I look back to him. "Yes?" I say encouraging him to continue what he had started.

"Nothing." He says, before walking past me brushing my shoulder. Quickly I strip the gloves off and throw them and run to ketch up with him. "Jake!" I yelled after him, he turned and paused. "Jake, what where you going to say?" I ask coming up next to him. "Nothing." He repeats and goes to turn. "Fine, thanks for letting me know you left the door unlocked." I mutter before turning myself and walking over to our door.