2

My jaw drops as my face goes a deep shade of red. Then I realize how stupid I must have looked and closed my mouth. Then I say, "Uh hi." While waving successfully embarrassing myself even more. "Oh, uh. Hey." He says jumping from his position leaning against my door frame, as if I had pulled him out of a trance or something.

Then like nothing happened he casually makes his way to my kitchen and opens the fridge. He pulls out a beer, as the microwave makes its annoying buzzing noise again. Looking up to see the microwave he pulls open the door and removes my now warm dinner. Next he opens the second draw from the sink and pulls out a fork, "Mmm mac n cheese." He says before taking a big bite of my dinner.

"Make yourself at home, I was going to eat that you know." I say gesturing to the rest of the house. "I will." He says as he plops on my couch and grabs the remote under the pillow I hide it under. He turns the TV on to the horror movie channel. Sighing I take my usual spot on my couch next to him. We are in the middle of a movie it looks like one of the older "Friday the 13th." But the TV can't keep my interest, I would rather be looking at Jake.

I still want my food, he has his fork almost to his mouth when I push his head and bite down on the fork. "Hey!" he shouts. "What it's my food." I say chewing the mac n cheese. "I know." He says, pausing to put some mac n cheese on the fork he continues, "Want me to feed you too?" laughing I say, "No." he laughs to himself and continues to eat the food.

Sitting there next to him I suddenly could only feel the sensation of his body heat coming through my clothes where we touched. Enjoying the warmth, I not realizing, had leaned into him a bit more. "Making yourself comfortable?" he asks me with a side glance. "Yea." I say. "Good." He says before getting up, causing me to fall into where he had just left. He then sat back down. "Jake get off me!" I shout. "What's that? Is the couch talking? I think it said my name." he says. "Jaaaake you're not funny get off me!" I say sternly. "Must be my imagination."

He then leans back and I hear this crack and I feel my hip move, pain comes shooting up my left leg. "Ow. Ow Jake get off me now!" I cry with urgency. "Sorry, what was that?" he asks jumping up. "I don't know but it really hurt." I look at him scared, feeling the tears forming from the pain. I try to blink them back. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry Marissa. I didn't mean to!" he says his tone full of worry. "It's ok it doesn't hurt." I say lying. "Don't lie." He says setting the food down.

He walks into the bathroom and I can hear him going through my medicine cabinet. He then comes through the living room to the kitchen and I hear him get a glass fill it with ice and then water from the tap. He comes back in the living room with pain killers and the glass of water. "Can you sit up?" he asks. "I don't know I felt my hip move." I say scared. "Ok well try." He says. I go to sit up and get half way I feel so much pain in my hip and scream.

"Sorry." I whisper and I fall back to a laying position on the couch. "No I should be the one apologizing." He then moves in and puts his hands on the button of my jeans. "What are you doing?" I ask alarmed. "I am going to take your pants off so we can look at your hip." He answered. "What?" I ask confused. "Just let me take them off." He said. You don't have to ask twice, I thought. Then I remembered I was wearing one of my thongs today. "No. No I don't think that is necessary." I say starting to panic. He cannot see me in a thong.

"Marissa I need to I can't see your hip through your jeans." He says starting to unbutton my jeans he then slides the zipper down, and he notices the lacey front of my thong. Clearing his throat he stutters, "Um. Never mind." He says quickly but continues to pull my pants down farther. He turns me on my right side and has me facing the back of the couch my butt out in the open. I bite my lip really hard and squint my eyes shut.

"Nice underwear Marissa." He chuckles to himself. "And tattoo?!" he says shocked. "I didn't know you had a tattoo on the back of your thigh." He says. "Yea it's a Billy Joel record." I say. He laughs, "You do love that man." Not like I love you, I think to myself. "How does it look." I ask. "It looks great." He says. "Not my butt my hip!" I say, laughing. "I thought you meant the tattoo." He says sheepishly. "I know I was joking about my butt." I said.

"Well that looks good too but, your hip that's another story." He says. A blush forms over my face, did he just say my butt looks good. "What does it look like?" I ask looking down at my hip to see it jutting out more than normal. "Uh bony." He says. "Push it in." I say. "What?!" he shouts. "Push it in!" I shout back.

I then thought about what I had just said. It sounded really wrong and that was probably what he was thinking of. "Ugh not that my hip!" I shout. "OH! Oh. Sorry." He says. "On 3 ok?" I say. Grabbing the back of the couch knowing this will be painful.

"1..." he says. "JAKE!" I scream as he pushed the hip back in without even counting to 2! The pain is instantly gone. Sitting up I hug him, "Thank you." I say. Looking over his shoulder I see the clock and it reads 12:35 AM. "I should go to bed I have work in the morning." I say. "Right yea I better go, my shift starts at 2:00 AM." He says. "Ok." I say.