New Kid on The Block

Blake's P.O.V

I arrived at the station.

Today is my first day.

I met my partner. He was a man who looked like he was a drunk. That's the best way to describe him.

His name is Detective Kilmer. Harvey Kilmer.

We sat at our desks that was in front of eachother.

"Harvey!" A voice called. We looked to see a man being put into holdings.

Harvey looked at me.

"That's Ricky. Ricky Mason. Part of the Italian mafia here. He might be dirty. But that sister of his is an angel. Knows how to get information. And let's me know."

Harvey stood and I followed him the the cell.

Rickey had dark shaggy hair brown eyes and pale skin.

He grinned at us. And shook hands with Harvey.

"When's that pretty sister of yours comeing to get you Ricky boy. I could use a good smile." Harvey said.

Ricky shrugged.

"I'm right here Harv." An angelic voice said. I turned and froze.

This woman had to be the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

Her brown hair fell in silky waves. Her soft lips shined. Her green eyes sparkled with mischief Luke her brother. But also shone with innocence.

She was small. Of course with my 6'4 height lots of people are small to me.

"Ah. My beautiful Raven. I thought I heard angels wings." Harvey said walking up to her.

"Always the flirt Harvey." She said hugging him.

She looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"Hello. I'm Blake Miller. Harveys partner." I introduced myself.

She shook my hand.

My hand swallowed her soft one.

"Raven. Pleasure to meet you." She said.

We blushed when we relised we held hands and looked into eachothers eyes to long.

We cleared our throats.

"Ummm. I'll let you two deal with eachother. Blake?" I walked with Harvey.

I looked back over my shoulder to see her whispering angerly at her brother.

"Don't even think about it kid." I looked at him.

"What?" I asked. "I know that look. Don't fall for her. He won't like it." Harvey said.

"Who? Her brother?" I asked, looking back at her. She was looking up at me. And shy smile formed on her lips.

Her face turned red.

A small smile formed on my face.

"Her brothers boss... hey! Pay attention." Harvey hit me in the back of the head.

I looked at him.

"His boss has a bit of a thing for her. And he is rather possessive of her. He beat a cop up for hugging her in front of him. And she hugged him first." Harvey said.

"But you hug her." I said. He nodded.

"Cause he knows I won't try anything on her. But he might just kill you if he finds out you have the hots for her." Harvey warned.

"I don't have the hots for her." I defended myself. He snorted.

"Please you two were practicly drooling at eachother." I grinned at him.

"Oh God. Speak of the Devil and he'll appere. I don't want to have you killed on your first day. So tty not to stair at her." Harvey said. I nodded.

"Ricky! What did you do this time?" A deep voice called.

I noticed the siblings froze. Rickeys cockiness disappeared.

I noticed Raven tense as a man in a suit walked up to them.

"I was trying to get your money sir. Had to beat him. Cops caught me."

Ravens fearful look changed into a disappointed glare once agian.

Her brother looked away like a dog being punished.

I looked at the man.

He had shaggy brown hair. A chesaled jaw that had stubble on it. His dark eyes looked at Raven and I saw lust in them.

"Raven. What are you doing here darling?" He asked her, placing a hand on her bare waist.

She froze agian.

Probably hating the outfit she was wareing.

A pair of yoga pants and a gray sports bra.

"I umm. I was headed to yoga and then Zumba class. I passed here and saw my brother being pulled out of a cop car." She stuttered.

She looked over at me quickly then at the ground.

"Raven. I'll get your brother out. If you go for dinner tonight." He said.

She look at her brother. Then at the man. Then the floor.

"Alright." She said. He smirked. "Good. Let him out." He ordered.

He then looked at me.

"I said let him out." I looked at her. She sadly nodded.

I got the keys and unlocked the cell.

Rickey walked out and pulled his sister in for a hug.

"Good. Ricky. Stay out of trouble. And Raven." He purred her name. "I'll see you tonight."

She nodded.

She and her brother walked away.

"Your new." His voice said. I nodded.

"I'm James King." He introduced. I shook his hand.

"Blake Miller."I replied.

"I saw you looking at my girl. I just want to warn you. Don't even think about her. She's mine. She will never want you." He then walked up to me.

We was the same height.

"If I ever find out you tried anything. I'll make you suffer."He growled in my ear.

Then he left.

"Told you not to stair." Harvey said.