Me: Oh okay.
Me: :)

Luke: just told them i cant come.

Me: What? Why?

Luke: Well you need me, dont you?

Me: What makes you think so? Hahaha

Luke: you wont text me for nothing syd. I know.

Me: Not really.
Me: :) :) :)

Luke: HAHA I know you. So what is it?

Me: i just need someone to talk to rn.

Luke: aw why??

Me: stress....

Luke: mmhmm. I know just the place.

.
.
.

We agreed to meet at the... beach. Why? Because that's what Luke said. Why did I agree to him? I don't know. My mind is disfunctional.

Anyway, 30 minutes later, I am here at the sidewalk, overlooking the beach. There were still a lot of people hanging out here, since there are bars. There's a live band performing. People dance and drink. The noise wasn't calming... at all.

"Luke, where are you...." I muttered to myself, looking around for any sign of Luke.

A couple of people give me second looks as they walk past. I saw teenage girls whispering and giggling in my direction. This is one of the most uncomfortable moments in my life.

I took my phone out of my pocket and decided that I was going to call Luke when suddenly someone covered my eyes.

"Guess who." He muttered in my ear, sending chills down my spine.

"Luke," I exhaled. "We should go before anyone notices you."

He removed his hands from my eyes. He was wearing a hoodie with a backpack slung on his shoulder.

"It's good to see you too." He smiled, and took my hand.

I laughed lightly. "What's with the backpack?"

"Nothing." He smirked.

We walked past all the people. I didn't see anyone giving us any second glances.

"Let's pretend we're just casually strolling on the beach." Luke said.

My feet are already touching the waves as it splits in the shore.

"But aren't we really strolling on the beach?" I said.

Luke scrunched his nose. "Erm, yeah."

I laughed. "Where are we going?"

"Shh. Trust me." Luke said.

And I did. As much as trusting him was what hurt me the most...

We continued walking down the beach in a half-awkward, half-comfortable silence. Then we crossed past these huge rocks. There was also a creepy sort of shack that Luke and I ran away from once we got close enough. And yes, he screamed like a girl.

Anyway, in the distance, there was a diving area. But there was no one in sight. This place seemed pretty deserted. And the waves are calm. And the sun had set in the distance. The darkmess was slowly eating up the sky. And I'm here with Luke who was setting up a blanket (which I assumed he packed) in the sand.

"Oh, so a picnic?" I smiled.

"Kinda." He said. "But I brought chips and pizza because I suck at making food."