Chapter 24.4

Chapter 24.4

Chase Carson

'Um...Sirs....'

Both Rick and Devan turned to the front when they heard Terrance call for them, the young white haired male giving the two a worried look before motioning to the girls in front of him. They looked confused, Helena showing a slight amount of irritation by the way she kept drumming her fingernails onto her folded arms.

'What? Need some type of explanation for all this?', Rick asked the group, motioning with his arms at the large room.

'Gee you think?', Helena shot back, giving her brother a glare. Normally Rick would have stuck a knife through the chest of anybody who had dared to do what she did but since she was family, he just glared back at her till she backed down.

'Woah no need to get hostile Helena. We were getting to that point', Devan intervened as he stepped between the two siblings, facing Helena and the rest of the girls with a smile plastered to his face.

'Oh. Well alright then Devan San.....so this place is..'

'Our Japan Headquarters Helena. Where we'll be housing the team. All facilities here are open to use by all the members of the new squad.'

'Yeah. We calling you guys Task Alpha and Task Omega. Infinity and Lockstar are in Alpha. Omega will have the student council in it', Rick cut in to Devan's explanation.

'What?! Why do we need to be with Hana's team!?', Rose protested, her and her team clearly not happy with the arrangement

'Cause, my little sister, based off your performance today and your school records, Infinity and Lockstar together are barely as good as the council members. So since that's our situation, we're putting you lot together', Rick gave her his reply, not letting Devan talk as he knew he would sweeten things.

Rick respected Devan a lot but he always felt that Devan should be harsher with those under him. But unfortunately for him, the young Tactician was just too kind...or so he thought, till he heard what Devan said next.

'Rick's right. If you were better we wouldn't have to put you two together. But since you're not up to our standard...well I'm sorry but you're stuck with Lockstar for now girls', Devan said, stunning not only the girls but Rick as well, the emotion shown clearly on the red head's face as Devan glanced back at him, 'Right X?'.

'Uh...yeah...That's true', Rick mumbled out, smiling slightly at the thought that Devan could still surprise him.

'Sir! Warrant Officer Chase Carson reporting with Team Lockstar and the student council'

The girls jumped slightly when they heard the firm, American accented voice that sounded much like Terrance's from the doorway. When they turned to see who it was, they came face to face with a young male, who resembled Terrance. His hair was light blue however and his build was slightly smaller than the white head, more feministic features on his body such as his pointed chin and slightly wider than average hips. The look in his piercing blue eyes was one of discipline and obedience as they stayed on Rick, waiting for his word.

'Wazzup Brother!', Terrance greeted Chase enthusiastically, getting a dry response from the blue haired male who seemed to be still waiting for Rick's next order.

'At ease Lighting. Bring em in', Rick finally told Chase, who nods before stepping to the side of the doorway to allow the remaining members of the squad to enter.

'Wow! Nice crib, King. This ours?', Clade commented after letting out a whistle to show that he was impressed by the structure

'Oh wow I love the color choices. And it's so spacious! King can we redecorate?' Tomei chimed, a excited Azumi nodding her head in agreement to the girl as she look around the room.

'I say I can't believe that the principle has actually let you have such a magnificent military base...', this comment of course coming from the jealous blonde Taylor, who was making no effort to hide his jealousy and hate against the red head...who also didn't seem to care about toning down his attitude towards the blonde.

'Yeah well believe it shit head. This is our base. The Pillar. Now you can either accept it or don't fuck with it. Either way you'll probably get an ass kicking from me soon', Rick shot back, his tone not one of anger but one which he used more to taunt an opponent.

And his taunt seemed to be working. Taylor's nostrils flared as his eyes showed a killing intent towards the red head, his legs moving on their own towards him in long strides. If Devan had not gotten between him and the male leaning back against the windowsill he was sitting on, Taylor would probably have lunged at Rick...and gotten hurt seriously in the process.