Chapter 9

Carol's POV
I was driving down the road from the studio and I couldn't stop thinking about all the events that have happened the past few days. I have got to remain calm for the sake of my co stars and my husband and children. When I came home with Joe, I looked at him as we entered the living room. "Joe?" I looked down speaking softly.
"Carol..by the tone of your voice I know what this is about," he hugged me tightly. I felt really safe. "Don't worry. All is well . If Eydie and Steve were trying to ruin your show, there's no way they can do that. You've got to be kidding! You're Carol Burnett for Christ sakes! If all the people now weren't enough to support you, there are a heck of a lot more who will be honored to . Even if our children can't be on the show, we're always here, so relax honey," he started rubbing my shoulders. I tilted my head back and closed my eyes. " Joe, that was beautiful. I'm sorry it's just getting to my head is all. "
"I understand well if you want to turn in that's fine or if I were you I'd call Harvey or Lucy because you're the closest to them and I'm sure they have words of wisdom for you too." He walked out of the room.

Helen's POV
I started coming out of my black haze and I realized I was tied up next to Angie, who was still passed out and she and I were both gagged. Where we were I don't know. It looked to be a back alley behind an apartment complex.

"Now." The voice said. Then suddenly the shadow appeared into the light and there was Steve Lawrence. Carol warned me about him, but I didn't think it was true.

"So...The new talent square, and the stooge." Angie from what I can see was still passed out.

"Wha-wha..." I couldn't manage to speak. Then Eydie appeared out of the darkness.

"That's right we've got you now," She said.

"How long have you been planning this?"

"It's none of your business!" She exclaimed. "We offered one of Carol's oompa loompas a job, but she hasn't reached us back yet. So we've been taking it to extreme measures and trying to demolish Carol's show."

"Wha.. What the hell's the matter with you! To go so far as kidnapping?!"

"My dear, the point is Eydie and I are tired of Carol. We don't understand why we compete with that mess of entertainment when the whole world can be realizing how great we are," Steve said.

I paused. "BUT YOU'RE NOT!" Bam! I felt the world grow dizzy for a minute as I realized I was just slapped in the face.

I quickly shook it off and I told him.." Why does it even matter? Why would you try to turn everyone away from Carol?! What did she even do to you?!"

"It's not the point what she did, it's what we're going to do to her later."

Carol's POV

I finished talking to Lucy and I think she said it the best way possible. "Get those sons of bitches and nip them in the bud." For once in my life I wasn't going to just let myself feel flustered that I don't have any power to control them. I am going to man up.. and no this isn't one of my running gags about my small chest. But I'm going to show them who's boss. Without them even being aware of it. I suddenly had this peaceful but vicious vengeance inside of me and here is my plan...