Chapter Three: Continuance

Start from the beginning

Isaac felt a little pang of guilt as she spoke. It must have been hard for her in the life she had before she was turned. She tried to act so confident now but it was easy to see through that mask when she made her self-depreciating jokes.

She could pretend she was joking all she wanted but it didn't take a whole lot of noticing to realise they were the things she really did believe about herself.

"I'm sure you'll find something mildly amusing to pass the time," he said and she just shrugged again. "You know, until you figure out what you want to do."

"Derek says I should go travelling, like Jackson and Allison," she said.

"But you don't listen to Derek," Isaac said as half a question and half a statement of fact.

"Not if I can help it," she said. "I mean it's not like he said 'as your alpha I'm telling you that you have to go travelling and have fun', how annoying would that be?"

Isaac didn't say anything to that, he just thought about the hold that Derek had over them as the alpha. He thought about the things that Derek had asked of him and the things he had to keep quiet, even when every other instinct in him was telling him not to.

"He ever do that to you?" Isaac asked curiously.

"What? Tell me what to do as an alpha?" he nodded and she shrugged. "Not really, not unless it's really important. I mean, I trust him so I have to believe that when he does it's for a good reason."

"Yeah, I guess so."

He wasn't so sure, but he was too far in to believe anything else.

"Come on then, let's get this shit over with," she said as they headed up the street.

Derek and Stiles lay in bed, Derek holding himself above him with a hand cupping the back of his head and their lips pressed tightly together.

Stiles ran his fingers up and down Derek's sides, letting out contented sighs with each swipe of Derek's tongue against his own.

Derek pulled his lips back, looking down at him affectionately and Stiles just smiled, blinking lazily.

"Have I ever told you how good you look with your hair all over the place like that?" he said.

Derek raised an eyebrow.

"I think you're delirious Stiles," he said as he dipped his head down to kiss just below his ear.

Stiles hummed in appreciation.

"And you aren't?" he said. "I'm completely offended."

"You sound it," Derek said, lips sucking softly on his soft skin.

"I am, is sex with me not as delirium-inducing as it should be?" he said and Derek just sighed against his neck and continued to kiss him. "Okay in all seriousness now, it is good right? Like, better than average?"

Derek rolled his eyes as he pushed himself up and shook his head down at Stiles.

"You do this every time we're in bed together, you know that don't you?" he said.

"Not every time," he said. "Besides, you never answer me. Just like you never answer me when I ask other questions."

Derek grunted and continued to just stare down at him.

"Whether I'm any good in bed, whether you want to try anything new, whether you've slept with another guy before and obviously how many―"

"You ask too many questions," Derek said as he rolled onto his back.