•« Can't you see? You don't belong with me... »•

Start from the beginning

I know it's inevitable, but I still don't want to talk about it, I just don't.

''How are you feeling today?'' She asks me. Yep, there it is. ''Fine, mom,'' I say reluctantly. ''I'm serious Juliette, I want a serious answer. Are you really fine? Because if not, you know I want you to go home again, okay?'' She asks me, and I sigh in an annoyed way. ''Yeah mom, I'm fine, really,'' I say, I want this conversation to be over. I don't want to talk about that.

''Okay, if you say so,'' she says, and I groan. ''Mom, I'm serious!" I say, taken back by my own voice. ''Okay Juliette, relax,'' my mother says before slightly ending the conversation. ''Call me when needed, okay?'' She asks, and I agree. ''Okay, bye mom,''

''Bye honey, have fun,'' she greets me back. ''Will do, bye,'' I say before ending the call and breathing out in relief. She didn't talk too much about... That thing, fortunately.

I dial my father's number and plan to keep this conversation short, I don't want to talk to that asshole for too long, he doesn't deserve that. ''Hello it's Paul, I'm not able to take your call, please call back later,'' his voice says through his voicemail. I sigh and look at my phone. He's not available... Again. I decide to let it go and walk back into the room.

In the meantime Avery finished showering and walks into the room as well. ''And, how did it go?'' She asks me. ''I've talked with my mom,'' I shrug. ''And, did you talk about it?'' She asks me, and I shrug again. ''Yeah, we did. She called my father an asshole. He didn't even pick up his phone! It's six in the evening, he's never working at six. He's just with that monster again,'' I sadly say, feeling how tears are filling my eyes to the brim.

''Why can't everything go back to how it was Ave? I just want my parents to talk to each other again, love each other,'' I say while I feel a single tear roll down my cheek. I tried to keep it in but failed, every time I think about it, it makes me sad.

''I know you want that Jules,'' Avery says while walking towards me and engulfing me in a hug. ''But maybe it's for the best. Maybe your parents weren't destined to stay together. Your father found someone else,'' she says while patting my back. ''Yeah, but he should've at least show some balls and broke up with my mother first. She loved him, she really did. She didn't deserve to get cheated on,'' I say with a soft sob. I bury my head in Avery's hair and she continues patting my back.

''You're right Jules, but that's not how things went. It turned out to be different than you hoped, and maybe one day you'll be able to forgive him for what he did,'' she soothes, and before I've even realized it I stopped crying.

''Thanks for being there for me Ave,'' I thank her, and she smiles. ''Always,'' she says, before giving me a slight push. 'Now, take a shower and relax for a bit. You'll be ready for dinner and hanging out after,'' she says and I nod gratefully. I grab some clothes and a towel and enter the bathroom.

I undress myself and turn on the shower while placing my towel on the sink. I rest my hands on the sink and stare at myself in the mirror. So much has changed since the last time I was here... My father and mother divorced, my grandfather died, Aiden suddenly loves me and... The other thing. I flinch when I think about the other thing, not willing to even let it cross my mind.

I should be happy on this holiday, then why am I not? Why doesn't this place give me a nice feeling like it used to? Why does it only make me want to pack my stuff and just go? I sigh, shake my head and step into the shower, I could really use one right now.

After I've done what all people do when they're showering I get out and dry myself. I put my hair up in a high ponytail and put on the clothes I picked out: a high waisted skinny jeans and a Guns n' Roses muscle top. I don't really feel like trying at the moment. Even though I'm seeing four boys after dinner, and Avery probably wants me to dress up a bit.