She turned as red as a tomato. "Gosh you too. What about you Bri? I saw you and Miles getting it on."

Bri smirked at us while chewing on a yellow sour patch kid. "Well, you know."

"NO WAY. Already?" Maddy asked in shock. Man, I'm even shocked. Not even a month ago that kid and I were having coffee until Jaxon showed up.

Speaking of Jaxon, he's been mighty quiet over there. I peeked over through his window to see him playing the xbox in his room.

As if sensing I was peeking over he looked over and stared straight into my eyes. I looked away after a few moments and gabbed my soda and took a sip.

"What about the thing called preservation Bri?" Maddy let out poking a finger in her direction.

Bri shrugged and ate a piece of popcorn. "I dunno. I mean, I just. It's hard to explain. I don't like being called the loose one in the group. But I fall for it you know. The whole 'ooh'

this is our special night darling. And bam, I wake up naked and used. I mean, it's nice while it's happening but at the same time, I know I'm trashing my name some by letting him get it on like the 4th week. But at the same time, I always feel like it makes us closer you know, because I share it with them, something special and blah blah. Stop talking about me now." At the end of her speech she took her pillow and covered her face while falling back.

Maddy and I both laughed while resting beside her.

"We get it but, maybe, only give it to him on special occasions now, until you're sure he doesn't just want that." I suggested.

"But it's Miles. He can't be like . . . a player like that can he? He's so sweet and caring."

"That's what Ryan was." Maddy muttered. Bri gave her a sympathetic look but then nudged her shoulder.

"But now you have Tucker." Maddy smiled and shook her head at me and I poked her side.

The movie credits stopped and put us to an extended cutscene screen or something like that. I looked at the time and saw 11:19.

Maddy let out a yawn and Bri followed her. When I yawned I groaned and stood up. "You both suck. Alright, I'll go get the air mattress."

My air mattress is a queen and fits perfectly in my room because I only have a twin/full. When Jaxon would come in I was surprised he could fit on there with me because the girls can't fit two on my bed, without sleeping funny.

When it was finished I grabbed all the blankets to make it more comfy and the girl both carefully plopped onto it.

"Hey, it's hot, can you open the window some, it makes for a nice breeze." Bri stated with a pout. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

I walked to the window and caught his attention. I opened the window and walked back to my bed and relaxed under the covers.

"Night Y'all."

"Never do that." Maddy stated to Bri and I let out a laugh before silence washed over us all- oh and sleep.

~

I woke up to someone stroking my face gently. I opened my eyes and met piercing grey ones. They looked torn. I looked at the time and caught 1:28 on my clock. I groaned and pushed him away. Only to realize the girls were right there and tugged him back. I tried to grip his shirt but he didn't have one so I gripped his shoulder and yanked him back.

He looked back at me with amusement and I rolled my eyes. "What brings you here?" I asked him in a whisper and he bit his lip, he looked... dare I say vulnerable.

"I need to talk to you." He whispered back looking at the ground.

"Okay."

He stood up and walked back to his room and I clumsily and timidly went to follow him. One step in and he swooped me up and grabbed my blanket and brought me to his room. I was cautious about sitting on his bed so he groaned and walked me to the laundry room got out fresh sheets and remade his bed.

I was honored he did that- and quite annoyed he had a queen sized bed. He pulled me down beside him and stared at his ceiling as I fluffed my blanket out around me and laid my head down on his pillow. That smells like him- god. I might need to steal this pillow case.

"It was thanksgiving yesterday."

I looked at him and wanted to say today but realized it was early morning.

Jesus are we having a heart to heart when I'm this shit tired?

"It was." I replied.

"Why do they call it Thanksgiving?" I turned my head to look at him and shrugged.

"A day to be thankful I dunno-" I replied but was cut off by the end when I saw his hard grey eyes shift to mine.

"Why why should I be thankful Kitten?"

"I- I- I'm not sure Jaxon..."

He sighed and I just stared at him while he looked like he was debating on telling me something.

"Maddy, and her mom think that I'm some holiday grinch because I don't like Thanksgiving, Christmas or my birthday."

I took a leap of something as I asked my next question. "Why don't you?" He turned away before looking back at me.

"Tomorrow, it will be the day my mom died. Why should I be thankful for anything when two days later some drunk killed my mother? Why. And why should I put on a smile for my mother's favorite holiday or for my birthday when all I can think about is my mom. My healthy mom who had no right to die when that car hit us."

I think he was crying. That or he was about to.

But all I could catch out of that speech was the word 'us'. "You were in the car with her?" I questioned. Even though I think I knew the answer, I asked it anyway.

He gently grabbed my hand and took my fore finger and traced it along his side. I felt a small ridge in his smooth skin and looked at where my finger was tracing. It was a scar, a fairly big one, but not too noticeable.

"Yeah. Do you know how terrifying it is to see you're mom lying on the opposite side of the car, with her head pouring out blood and her pale dull eyes staring at you, while her cold hand is still trying to protect you?"

I don't know what that is like, but I do know what it is like to see your mom crumbling before your eyes.

"Some what." I muttered. It was then he remembered the night he kissed me. He brought me closer by wrapping his arms around my waist. I poked his side. "Stop."

"Stop what?" He muttered hiding his head in the crook of my neck.

I sighed and pulled back kissing his cheek. "Thanksgiving can suck it." I muttered and he chuckled pulling me closer.

"I think I am actually thankful this year."

"Seriously you gave that whole spell just to say that?" I went to look up at him but he held me tighter against him.

"Shush Kitten."

I rolled my eyes before I cuddled into him and brought my blanket up to my chin.

~

I woke up the next morning in my own bed surprisingly. And it smelled like Jaxon. I looked down and saw one of my pillows missing but, a new pillow in its place. Looks like I have one of Jaxons, and he might of stolen one of mine. I stretched and saw Maddy and Bri still asleep and the time 10 am. I went to the bathroom and when I came back I saw into Jaxon's room and saw he truly did have one of my pillows.

I smiled to myself as I went to wake up the girls.