He Can Only Work and Dream

Once again, Carlos was scrubbing the floors of his home as quickly and precisely as he could, so he could to his other chores.

Though his mother could afford a maid or a cleaning service, she though that he was better fit to clean the house than some preppy maid. Once he finished he looked at the list, and of course the laundry was next, and it was a longer more tedious job than cleaning the floors.

Carlos wiped sweat off his lightly tan and freckled face, and goes to hand washed his mother's fur coats; and was careful...until the one of the coats got ripped when a stay dog attempted to steal it. He knew he was done for once his mother got home, quickly he snatched up the coat and was almost to his room when...

His mother walked in.

"Carlos! What are you doing?!" Cruella hollered at him.

"M-Ma'am, I-I can explain." the young boy stammered.

Suddenly he was on the floor a hand print on his cheek and then a boot to his stomach, he would've thrown up had there been anything in his stomach.

He laid there and cried as his mother, berated and belittled him. Trying to keep from crying in front of her, and soon fell into unconsciousness; dreamed of a better life.