The Art-Work

As Jane and Maura pulled up to the scene of the crime, Jane started to roll up the window before being greeted by Korsak's 'oh so desirable' face.
"Jane I hope you're ready for this one....it's a freaky one" he mumbled.
"Korsak I'm sure I'll be fine! This is my job remember, I've seen a lot of 'freaky' on my outings." Jane replied, before she finished rolling up the window and stepping out of the car. Maura shut her door and locked the car, and walked over to Jane placing her hand around her waist.
"Not here Maura, as soon as someone here finds out, MY MOTHER finds out!" Jane loudly but calmly whispered into Maura's left ear. Maura slowly lowered her hand from Jane's waist before running it down her right cheek and grasping it before strutting away with a smirk on her face to show Jane she was hers. Jane gave off a half smile and a small giggle before catching up with Maura to the body.
"Why on earth would Korsak say this one was 'freaky'?! They're all 'freaky', right?!" Jane asked Maura with a tint of fear in here voice, enough for Maura to notice.
"Don't worry Jane, he probably just thinks it's a little bit too planned, he might be telling us this one may not be random."
"Yeah, you're right....I think..." Jane said worryingly. As they approached the body, there was already a blue tarp over the body, this was unusual seeing as Maura hadn't examined the body yet. Jane looked at Maura with worry and dread in her eyes as Maura removed the tarp before letting it fall back down and taking a large and quick step back.
"What is it?! Maura! Talk to me....who's underneath?!" Jane shouted at Maura.
"I..it's..it's..it's you Jane......it's you." Maura said physically shaking and starting to lose her balance. "She looks exactly like you Jane." Jane walked over to the tarp before reluctantly lifting the right corner to reveal the face of the deceased. It was like looking in a mirror. Jane removed the rest of the tarp, slowly down to the waist and knelt in awe. Who is she?
"Maura....who is she, she's not me. But she is me. Maura?" Jane looked over at Maura who was becoming emotional and starting so well up, she walked over and knelt down beside her, re-assuring her that everything would be explained eventually.

They both stood up and started to walk over towards Korsak who was talking on the phone.
"Who was that?" Jane asked
"Oh don't worry too much, I'm guessing you saw the body though"
"Y..yes..we have" Maura mumbled.
"Well we're looking in to it and we will figure out what's going on!" Korsak replied with certainty and promise in his voice.
"We'll see you back at the precinct Korsak" Jane said whilst walking Maura back to the car and placing her into the passenger seat,
"We will get to the bottom of this" Jane said looking into Maura's eyes as she leant over to buckle in her seat-belt. Walking over to the drivers seat, Jane looked back at Korsak and nodded as a sign they were okay, before opening the door, sitting down and starting up the engine.
"Why would somebody do this? HOW could somebody do this? It makes no sense Jane!" Maura started to shout with tears starting to roll down her face.
"Maura! Maura! Stop worrying so much! There will be an explanation! I promise!" Jane interrupted Maura before she could say anything else, looking over as placing her hand on Maura's right knee, " it will be fine." Jane reversed the car and headed towards the junction, back to the precinct. Jane stared longingly at the road ahead, thinking of all the possibilities in which someone would want to kill her 'twin' to say.
Arriving at the precinct Maura looked over at Jane with hope, she knew she would solve the case eventually and that Jane was safe with Korsak, but she also knew she needed to take greater measures.