Chapter 3

*The next morning*

I opened my eyes and looked at my alarm clock. 

06:30.

Argh!  I couldn’t sleep a wink all last night. I kept tossing and turning and occasionally opening my eyes to check the time which was really slow that night. I wanted to go downstairs to get a glass of water but the fear of seeing my dad made me stay in bed. He would always stay up at night, doing god knows what. I knew that he was drunk and this made him very abusive.

One time, I made the mistake of going downstairs in the middle of the night to get a drink. I was almost a hundred percent sure that he was not in as I didn’t hear the front door slam shut. This was a sign that he had entered the house. I crept down the stairs without making the floorboards creak as I walked. They were really creaky. I looked around the living room and as soon as I was certain that he was not in, I raced to the kitchen, poured some water in a glass and gulped it down.

Yes! I did it!

That was when the front door slammed.

NO! This cannot be happening. If he finds out I’m out of my room, he is going to kill me. Literally. There was no point in hiding now because the kitchen light was on and the fact that my so called father just came into view. I had no idea what to do now except to just embrace myself for what was coming my way.

“Wha’ the fuck are ya doin’ ere?”

“Um...J-just to g-get a drink”  

“A DRINK!?! Are you ge’in drunk now? I knew it all along...Ya’re just some drunk slut.”

I flinched at that word.

Slut.

I hated that word and I definitely hated to be called that. Ever since he found me with ‘him’ that night, he had repetitively called me that word. I hated him so much.  If there was one thing I regret doing, it would be talking to him.

My thoughts were interrupted with a hard smack across my face. I dropped to floor and when I looked up I saw that he was holding a small pocket knife with a smile on his face.

Oh no. Not again.

I tried getting up but when I couldn’t, I tried crawling away from him to but he was walking towards me. He backed me up into the corner of the kitchen and I brought my knees to my chest with my arms wrapped around my knees. I hid my face in my arms, knowing what he will do.

He yanked on my hair and pulled it so I was looking up at his face. He then let go and took my hand and pressed the cold metal object on my wrist.

I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs but I knew that if I did, he would just hit me. So I just clenched my jaw so tight that I thought that my teeth were going to break.

He cut me.

He dragged the knife in different directions as if he were writing something. He dropped my hand, stood up and left the house again without a single word.

I sat there, holding back the tears because I knew that they would not help me in any way. I looked down at my hand and saw the blood that pooled below it. I slowly rose up and went to sink to wash the blood away and wrapped a kitchen towel around it. I took a wet piece of cloth and wiped up my blood from the floor and threw the cloth in the bin.

Dragging my feet to my bed, I removed the self made bandage and whimpered at what it said.

S L U T

I got under the covers and cried myself to sleep that night.

This happened three days ago.

I looked at my hand now and I saw that word. It was still there. 

‘sigh’

I looked at the time which now read 06:40. Really? All that reminiscing about the past only took 10 minutes?!

I pulled the covers off and got ready for school. I knew I was going to be early but I didn’t care. I just wanted to get out of this house.

****

My car was now parked at the corner of the school parking lot and I could do this because I was the only one there. There was one more hour left until school since it was 7 am now. I leaned against the steering wheel and shut my eyes tight, hoping I don’t sleep.

I was wrong.

*knock*

“Gah!” I was startled by that loud noise which happened to be coming from my window. I looked outside to see a pair of green eyes boring into mine.

Noah.

Crap!

I slept through first period...again.

I quickly opened the door and got out of the car. I found myself standing in front of a very tall boy. 6 ft to be precise. I looked up at him and he just stood there...looking at me.

“You’re late” he said in a very deep, sexy voice.

“I can see that. Now if you could just move away, I won’t be.” I pushed past him and as I walked to lesson, I realized what I had done. I had spoken to him without the word ‘um’ or ‘er’ or was even scared of him.

I slowly turned around to see if he was there and he was. He was just right behind me, smirking as he walked past me and into the same class I was going to.

Dammit! He was in my lesson.

As we strolled in, our science teacher, Mr Daniels, bellowed, “Well if it isn’t my favorite person and my not so favorite person coming into my lesson 20 minutes late. And since you two are the only ones without a partner, you can both work on the science project together.”

NOOOOOOOOO!

I looked at Noah with wide eyes and he just smirked at me as if to say ‘this is going to be fun.’

I know that this chapter was quite boring but this is just a explanation of some details like about how she got a scar and how she ended up with Noah for the project. Thank you voting and your comments so keep them coming! :)

I will try and post the next chapter soon so keep your eyes open!