Chapter 8

Not fully edited!

Noah's POV -

"I'm so sorry Ella." It is very rare that I ever say sorry. In fact, I have never said it at all. But for this situation I'm in right now, it just feels like the right thing to say.

"I don't need your pity." She pulled her arm back and ran away from me, out the door.

I couldn't do anything but just stare at her at back and they way her hair just bounces as she is fleeting away from me. But all that was going through my mind are questions after questions.

'Why did her father do this to her?'

'Is that why she covers herself up?'

'Where's her mum in this?'

'What is actually going on in that house?'

I was too busy thinking about Ella's life to realise Ryder waving his hand in front of me.

"Hello! Is anyone in there? I need to speak to Noah because he's not listening to me."

"He's right here you dumbo. I just zoned out for a minute there. What's up?"

"What's up? Dude, why was Ella running away from you...again?"

"It's nothing."

"Are you sure? Because she looked like she was about to cry and we agreed that we weren't going to make her cry twice a week." He whined.

I just shook my head. He thinks that I made fun of her and made her cry on purpose when I clearly didn't. All I did was question her but it seems to be a sensitive topic. However, she is still the same Ella. Just because she has problems at home, doesn't mean I have to treat her any differently.

"You know how she is; she's just some emotional bitch with issues. Just leave her." I told Ryder sternly.

He looked at me, squinting his face as he scans my face.

"Stop doing that. It's creepy and a little gay." I informed.

"Sorry but I was thinking."

"Thinking? Are you even able to do that with your pea sized brain?"

"Shut up. I was just thinking that maybe we should lay off Ella."

"Lay off?"

"Yeah, like not make fun of her all the time."

I scoffed, "Did that giant hit your head so hard that all of a sudden you are nice now? Go home and put and ice pack on it for at least ten minutes and then come talk to me with some sense."

"Shut up!" His voice boomed across the gym and everyone whipped their heads at us. "Sorry, my bad." He told everyone as they carried on with what they were doing.

"Look, Noah, a few days ago,my mum had a talk with me after she found a girl sneaking out through the bathroom window which was really stupid of her because my mum was in there. But that's not the point, she told me something I didn't want to hear at all. She said that I was just like my dad."

"That's stupid, she's stupid. You're nothing like your bastard of a dad."

"I know! That's what I told her but now that I think about it, I am becoming like him."

I wanted to protest but he held his hand in front of me.

"It's true. He used to just lay around, sleep with girls and hit them, especially my mum and I don't want to be like him Noah. Not ever."

"So what are you saying? No more girls?"

He laughed, "Fuck no, but I will cut down on that. My new rule is to sleep with less girls and not make fun of them especially Ella."

I looked at him and saw the change in him has already begun. A few days back, some girls threw themselves on him but he said no. That day, I came home with three girls and he went home with none. At first, I thought it was because there weren't any girls sexy enough for him but since it was a party for the 'Hollister' models, that couldn't be true. I didn't question him then but now, I understood it fully.

Although, I still didn't get one thing. "Why are you going to be nice to Ella? We don't hit her or anything, we just use words instead of actions and you rarely say anything to her anyways."

"True but I want to start being nice to her. You've noticed that she doesn't hang out with anyone so instead of talking bad about her, I'm going to say hi once in a while." He smiled as if he accomplished something.

I shook my head, "You do that while I keep making fun of her, deal?"

"Deal," he gave in, in the end.

I still felt bad for what happened between me and Ella a few minutes ago but that was her fault. She should've just told me calmly instead of shouting at my face. I don't care that she has problems with her dad but I am going to find out more about that.

"Let's get out of this shit hole and hang out at my place. I have this new shooting game that I bought and it is epic!" Ryder and I are major game fanatics so if there is a new game thats coming out, we will pre order it months before.

"Sure. Get ready to be crushed by the great Noah-nator!"

"Bring it on." Ryder challenged and just like that, we forgot about the seriousness of the previous topic.

We walked out the door and saw Ella's old truck still there with no one in the driver's seat. If she's not in her car, then where is she?

"Where's Ella?" I asked.

"I don't know," Ryder muttered as he walked towards the truck. He tried opening the front door and it just broke off. "Oops. I swear, it's not my fault. It just came off."

"Ah great. Just fucking great. Lets just leave it."

"We can't leave her car like this. At least take any valuable things out of it and give it to her tomorrow."

"Are there even anything valuable in here?" I questioned as I sat in the front seat and searched inside.

There was absolutely nothing. I had a feel under the car seat and hit something hard. I grabbed what looked like a book and read the front cover.

'My diary'

It was Ella's diary. It probably contains all the secrets that she's kept bottled up inside. I looked out the window to find Ryder lighting up a cigarette, leaning against my car. I tucked the book in my jeans and straightened my shirt to cover it.

"There was nothing, like I expected."

"Okay just get in the car so we can leave then."

I got into the drivers seat of my brand new car and drove away with the diary while the front door of her car was on the ground.

Sorry for the really late update! I had exams that were really important for my future!

Please VOTE and COMMENT! :)