Chapter Four: Leaving His Bike

Start from the beginning

He got inside and started the car, “I’ll just get it tomorrow,” he shrugged as he drove out of the school parking lot and into the streets.

We sat in the car in silence for a few minutes before he finally thought of breaking it, “Why are you mad at me?” he asked softly. So softly that it didn’t sound like the Drew Everett I know.

Now that you think of it, I don’t even know why I was mad at him. Why was I annoyed that he had a girlfriend when we weren’t dating in the first place? I had no right plus, I don’t even think he even consider me as a friend.

“I don’t know,” I mumbled, looking outside the window, “I guess I just got a little pissed that you didn’t tell me that you had a girlfriend.”

“I don’t have a girlfriend,” he said and I snapped my head to his direction.

“What?” I blurted out.

“I don’t have a girlfriend,” he repeated, “I don’t even have the guts to make friends.”

So Miss Runway was lying. I should really slap that bitch for making me worry over nothing. Maybe I’ll tell the janitor to wax the floors so she could slip while strutting.

Now I feel extremely guilty, I want to apologize but I yawned once again. Without any hesitation, I curled into a ball on my seat and pressed my head on the window.

Before I can drift into sleep, I felt the car stop and Drew pulled the keys out of the ignition. He got out and I followed the suit but you can guess I’m a little wobbly.

“I’m sleepy,” I stated the obvious and Drew shot me an amused look.

“You don’t say,” he said sarcastically.

In the apartment complex’s parking lot, there was a different entrance and as you can see, I’m not really into walking. I forced my legs to at least make it to the elevator so I won’t look like a complete fool in front of Drew.

I got inside and he only stood there, “I’ll see you tomorrow,” I smiled lazily.

He snorted, though he still made it sound attractive, “I hope not.”

I rolled my eyes and pressed my floor. I waved to him until the metal doors closed and I leaned against the wall, I seriously need to go to bed.

*

*

*

I skipped happily to the kitchen where Jazzy was currently whipping up some scrambled eggs, “Good morning, Celeste,” she greeted as she transferred the eggs to a plate and she handed it to me with a fork.

“Morning,” I chirped before oh so graciously devouring these eggs. I skipped dinner last night because the minute I stepped inside my apartment, I was dead tired.

Jazzy laughed at my expense and after finishing those eggs, I drowned a tall glass of orange juice and I was ready to head out, “Bye Jazzy.”

I heard her faint goodbye as I reached for the elevator. When the metal doors opened, I sprinted to the parking lot and into my car. I threw my bag to the back seat and started the engine.

I was trying to catch up with Drew before he reach the school because I felt extremely guilty for making him walk on a cold winter night because he left his motorcycle in school when he had to drive me last night.

When I stopped on a red stoplight, I suddenly remembered that I didn’t know where he lives. I don’t have his phone number either so I did the next best thing. I knew I’ll regret this but I took out my phone and dialed Jessica’s number.