Chapter 8: Soon...

Start from the beginning

I slapped him with the back of my hand as hard as I could and kneed him in the groin. I finished off my pushing him to the ground as he bent over and screamed. "let's go" I said and took Ricky's hand.

We decided to go to a nearby park. We walked hand in hand silently along the trail. Suddenly Ricky burst out laughing.

"what?" I said looking up at him.

"you handled him pretty well" he laughed.

"I told you I can take care of myself." I said. After a few seconds he said "well, what if you never have to?" he asked. "have to what?" I asked. "take care of yourself. I want to be there to take care of you." he said and stopped walking.

"Jane, I know this might sound a little crazy and ridiculous but you are the best thing that's happened to me and I want to be with you wherever you are. Will you marry me?.. When we're old enough" he asked. My heart began to burst. We just met a couple days ago and he was already thinking about the rest of our lives. "Ricky, I love you and I want to be there for you." I said. For once I actually felt meaning in the word "love". I never loved my other boyfriends, they were sweet but something was missing. I felt complete with Ricky. "so that's a yes?" he asked. "what do you think?" I said before kissing him.

On the drive back home Ricky asked "so why do Alex and those other jerks always bother you? I thought you guys were friends."

"we were. At the end of last school year, I grew tired of them and their gossip and the bullying. I used to date Alex, but we broke up after I caught him cheating. He was torn and blamed it all on me, telling his friends how mean I was. He used to tell me that I was unique and beautiful unlike the other girls that were ugly sluts" I said.

"he's right. You are beautiful." he said as he rubbed my cheek. "but he was wrong to cheat on you. You deserve better" he said. I smiled.

Ricky and I laid down next to each other on the grass behind my house. Alex was gone. "don't worry, we're outside of my house not inside likely mom said." I turned over and said to Ricky. He gave that dashing smile I loved. "I don't know how she expects me to stay away from you when you're in your house." he said.

"you don't have to. I'll deal with her after" I said and put my fingers through his hair. "after what?" he said as he came up and led me down to the grass so that he was over me now.

"after we sleep.. Next to each other... like we always do. Its not what your thinking, perv" I said.

"really? Cause it sounds like your suggesting something." he teased. "well, I'm not" I resisted. "C'mon. I think you want to." he said and put his hands under my shirt.

I shivered as his hands moved from my abdomen to my chest. He then moved one hand down to my thigh. He leaned down to kiss me. He stopped. He closed his eyes and said "crap, i have to go home."

"why?" I asked disappointed that he had to leave right now. "my dads expecting me home" he said and got up. "okay" I said and got up as well. He hugged me "I'll see you later" he smiled.

The next morning before my mom came in the room, Ricky jumped into my closet. After my mom left I turned the lock on my door and whispered "Ricky, you can come out now". He came out. "I'm gonna take a shower. Do you need to take one? My moms in the kitchen downstairs so she won't see you" I said while getting my towel. "I took one yesterday, plus we only have time for one of us to take one." he said.

"So,...." I shrugged.

"ohhh... Only If you're okay with it." he said. "come on" I said and left to go to the bathroom. We both undressed and jumped in the shower. I kissed Ricky as the hot water began to sprinkle on us. I didn't look down in fear that he might see me looking at him in his full birthday suit.

I pulled him closer to me so our bodies touched. "Jane," he said as we pulled away. "we can't. Not right now. Your mom's here and we don't have much time." he said. I nodded and continued to kiss him.

Ricky threw on some clothes he brought and I put on my clothes as well. I told Ricky to walk down the sidewalk to the front of the house next to us so that I could pick him up without my mom seeing.

Not too long after, we were at school. Sam ran up to me and Ricky when we were at my locker. "hey Jane!" she said.

"hey Sam" I said. "hi.. Ricky" she said slowly. Ricky waved. "where were you yesterday?" she asked. "home. I was feeling sick" I said. "oh" she said.

"you would me never guess who I ate lunch with yesterday and who I'm gonna eat lunch with today!" she said happily. "who..." I said but before I could finish she blurted out "Carly! Her and her friends really like me."

I closed my locker and looked at Sam. She looked different. Her hair was straightened. Her short shirt showed her newly pierced naval and her skirt was shorter than usual. "what's wrong? You're not happy for me?" she asked.

I sighed. "Carly isn't exactly the best person to be friends with Sam, try not to be too much like her." I said. She shrugged.

We walked together down the hall as Sam blabbed on about some new tv show on MTV . "well, well, well you finally managed to show up." Carly said as she walked over to Ricky and twirled her hair. We kept walking until Alex stepped in front of us. Sam retreated to the side of Carly and her "friends".

Alex and Ricky were face to face. "I'm talking to you Ricky!" Carly called as if Ricky were a dog.

"Move" Ricky said to Alex. Alex only stepped closer with clenched fists. "ooh.. Sp demanding. Just how i like 'em" Carly said.

Carly walked up behind Alex and put a hand on his shoulders. "soon, Alex, soon" she said. Alex walked out of the way without taking his eyes off me.

What did she mean by "soon"?