"Really? Thats great baby.  We can call him to come over so we can go get your stuff if you don't mind being alone with him." Douglas offered. 

I didn't like that idea.  "Well could you stay with me Jordan?" I looked at him. "I don't want to be alone with him, like in the house." I tried to explain myself.

His eyes lit up. "Of course, anything you want.  I can do some work in my office while you guys talk?"

I nodded my head.  

"It's settled then." Douglas flashed his white teeth in a big smile at me.  My stomach decided to make itself known by growling ridiculously loud.  I smirked sheepishly at them. 

"Pizza?" Jordan asked? 

"How did you know that?" I laughed at him, not really surprised because they have been doing that a great deal lately, like they were in tuned to my feelings.  

****

It was now seven in the evening and Douglas was standing at the door getting ready to leave to get my things.  

"Please be careful." I hugged him fearful it would be the last time.  My anxiety was getting the best of me as I thought of all of the terrible things that my dad could do to him. I would never forgive myself if he got hurt in that house.  My heart was fluttering at an unhealthy speed for not doing exercise.  

"Baby please calm down, I promise i'll be fine.  How about I call you when I get there and when I leave." His plan made me feel a little better. 

"Okay." I said reluctantly letting go and walking straight into Jordans waiting arms.  He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist, arms around his neck, and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Love you baby girl." Douglas said glancing back at me.  

"Love you more."

"Not possible." And with that he closed the door.  

"Are you sure he will be okay?" I looked at Jordan as he walked to the living room to sit on the couch, me still in his lap.

"Positive." He smiled at me leaning in closer and bringing his hand up to my cheek.  His lips met mine and butterflies erupted into my tummy.  My anxiety long forgotten as he deepened the kiss turning from sweet to sensual.  A heat started to grow in the bottom part of my stomach and I wanted more.  I moaned into his mouth and he took that as a chance to slip his tongue past mine.  His hands moving from my face to my hips gripping them tightly.  

"Wait, we have to slow down." He broke the kiss.  Ouch.  That hurt.

"No, baby its not what you think, believe me I want you, I just want to make sure that you are 100% okay.  I want to take it slow and savor every part of you.  We have so much time on our hands and if I didn't stop there I don't think I could." 

"m' sorry." I twiddled my thumbs in my hands looking at anything but him.  He playfully glared at me and then it was like a light bulb went off in his head.  I bursted with laughter as he began tickling me, his hands crawling all over my sides as I tried to squirm away (which did not work by the way).

I felt a sharp sting in my leg like a scab being ripped off and then I remembered the cuts that were littered across the top part of my thigh. I felt like crying but honestly what was new.

"Shit, i'm so sorry baby! I didn't mean to, please don't cry." He swiped the tears that were falling from my eyes.

"No, no it's okay I just forgot about them and... "I buried my head in my palms.