Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Can We Party Later On? 

☆Charlize K. Love☆

I woke up pretty early today. I couldn't sleep well last night after the show, and woke up at six with a headache. Deciding that staying in bed wouldn't do any good, I got up in my hotel room, dressed up in an ivory dress and some purple heels, did my makeup like a queen, and headed out around seven thirty.

I drove around Los Angeles for a while, appreciating the calm and hot breeze. It was only the beginning of summer, and already you could feel the fresh breath of ocean from the west coast. It was nothing like New York City, where I was born and I grew up. I lived in the NYC all my life until five years ago, and I can honestly say that I preferred LA's hot sun and quiet atmosphere to the frenzy and rushed feeling of the Big Apple.

Perhaps it was also because of all the dark memories of my life.

Whatsoever I hadn't felt this safe and happy in about ten years, and it was an amazing feeling, to feel this free and this wild. I felt brave, intelligent and cunning for being able to put up the plan I did, and for finally out-smarting those to whom I stole a shitload of money. Success is the best revenge you can ever have...

The only thing bugging me right now is Louis. He's everything I fled. Hot, charming, rich, charismatic, business man, amazing at sex. If his skin was a few shades darker, if his hair was black, if he had brown eyes... He would be just like James.

James... God, James! Never have I ever met such a man before him. He was everything I thought I knew, everything I thought was good, and I thought he was my everything. I feel so naive now that I look back at it, but I knew that if I ever met him again, I would probably fall for him over and over. From the very first moment I saw him, I knew there was no going back. Being only seventeen at the time, sheltered from everything, I couldn't understand that he was my nightmare dressed up as a daydream (A/N: ahh I knew Taytay would be handy one day). I would never be the person I am today without him, and I am terribly ashamed of who I became.

Truth is, I wanted to be able to be Charlize Kendall Love again. I wanted to be able to go back to the innocent me who thought the world was only full of wonders and happiness. I wanted to go back to my dream of becoming a high fashion editorial. I wanted to go back to my parents, but I knew all of that was just impossible. That door has been slapped shut the second I met James' enticing gaze.

I bit my lip and shook my head, blinking any tear that has formed in my eyes. He took everything I had away. My life, my heart, my soul, my innocence. I had absolutely nothing left except my rage and my powerlessness. Even when I finally got out of there and stole the only thing that mattered to him, I never got the satisfaction of stripping him from everything he had, like he did to me. I was just glad I got out, and my only hope was to live a long and peaceful life without anything like what happened five years ago ever happen again.

I gently released my grip on the wheel, my knuckles white from the pressure I put on them. I roll a bit my head, trying to get rid of the headache that has been harassing me. I looked at the clock of the car and realized it was about ten in the morning. I didn't have to be to the club until one in the afternoon, but I honestly had nothing better to do. I quickly turned around and went back to the rich part of Los Angeles, finding easily my way to the Dirty Money. I parked at the back and quickly walked inside.

I took my sunglasses off, my eyes quickly adjusting to the darkness of the club. It was pretty quiet, but I knew that in about an hour, everybody would be here, rehearsing, preparing, getting ready for the show tonight. Sunday was the biggest show of the week, and I knew that I too had to be at my best tonight.

"Hello, Ivy, is it?" A voice with a heavy accent said.

I turned around and met hazel eyes. The man was gorgeous, with one of the most handsome face I've ever seen, and it was clear that he knew that.

"You are right." I answered, smiling. "And you're...?"
"Zayn Malik, one of the bouncers of the club. I also take care of it whenever Louis goes out."
"Does he often?"
"Only for business or to go to his flat, and an occasional party." Zayn answered, smiling.

I frowned, wondering what kind of business Louis had that was more important than the club. I mean, it's kind of illogical: you have a huge failing business, and you go out to do some other business. If that one is bigger and more important than the club, than he should easily be able to pay all of his debts and wouldn't be in the hole he is right now.

"Anyways, how has Dirty Money been treating you?"
"Oh just fine, love the people here." I smirked, batting my eyelashes.

Flirting with men seemed to be like a reflex to me. I didn't even do it on purpose, it's just that every single time I met a man, putting him in my favors was the first thing I did. The only people it didn't work with was Louis, cause he knew the game all too well and he was trying to do the same to me, and well, James, cause he is the one who showed me everything I know.

"I'm glad to hear that... Listen there's this little tradition we have here and..."
"Zayn!" I heard another voice call.
"Hey, Li!" Zayn greeted him with a million dollar smile. "How are you doing bro?"
"Good, good." Liam chuckled. "Hey, Ivy, I actually wanted to talk to you if you have time..."
"Well, Zayn wanted to tell me something, but right after that sure." I smiled.
"I just wanted to invite you to our weekly party." Zayn said. "Every week, after the very appreciated night show, we all party together. Sometimes it can be in the club, sometimes it's to a friend's flat, and a few times it was at Louis' second house. We tried to get him to do it at his villa, but he didn't want to."
"It was actually what I wanted to talk about." Liam laughed. "It's really fun, and it would be your first official party with us. As family member of the Dirty Money club."
I mocked a thinking pose. "Depends... Is there going to be alcohol? Are you boys going?" I gave them a suggestive smirk and Liam nervously giggled while Zayn loudly laughed.
"If there's going to be alcohol? You will probably be so drunk you won't even be able to walk in a straight line." The dark British man said. "And as for us..." He winked at me. "Just come and see."
"Alright I will." I chuckled, shaking lightly my head.
"Oi! You guys convinced her to come tonight?" A loud Irish voice called from behind me. I felt an arm wrapping around my shoulders and I jumped, stunned. "Hello love."
"Hey, Niall, how are you?" I giggled, my surprise passed.
"Just peachy, love! Glad you're coming tonight, it's going to be wild." Niall laughed loudly like only he seem to be able to. "I convinced Louis to give us his flat for tonight, it's going to be amazing! Justin might come with his crew."
"Why isn't he in Chicago? I thought he left like three days ago with the shipment." Zayn asked, looking confused.
"Nah, apparently he's having some trouble with the bastard of New Yo―"

Liam awkwardly sputtered to interrupt him, lifting his chin towards me. Zayn and Niall's eyes widened and Niall gave me a sheepish smile. I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Who's Justin?" I asked candidly, playing the innocent card.
"Just a friend, of ours, you'll meet him tonight." Zayn smiled, trying to hide his unease, but I saw right through him.
"Oh okay." I grinned.

I knew they were hiding something, and I knew that Louis was hiding something even bigger. Question is: why and what are they hiding? I looked at Liam, already sensing a way to answer these questions.

I smiled at him and he returned it without a hesitation.

"Well, then. I guess I'll just have to come tonight and see."

Game on, Louis. Hit me with your best shot.

A/N: Kind of filler, but super duper important!!! Don't forget to vote xx