❤Chapter 2: A New Friend?❤

I looked up at him and smiled softly. He had short shaggy blonde hair which came down into his eyes, making him brush it out every now and then. The boys uniform was the same type of shirt with the red fox logo except there was a tie which was a maroonish colour. Black pants and black shoes so that was the guys dress code.

"I'm sorry." He says again and I took the book from his hands.

I piled the book on top of my others and held it close to my chest.

"T-thanks." I say quietly and looked up at him. He was tugging on his tie lightly and fidgeting, probably not knowing what to say next.

"My names Adam." He says and extends his hand out to me.

"I'm Averine but you can call me Ave." I say and shook his hand. It was slightly warm and his hand was shaking slightly.

"You're the new student right?" He asks and let's go of his tie.

"Yeah. I'm actually a little lost." I say quietly and laughed lightly.

"Oh really? I can help if you want." He says and then blushed lightly as he looks away. "I mean. It's the least I can do for running into you."

I smiled and got out a piece of paper which was my timetable.

"I'm meant to be here." I say an point on at a section. "Except. I have no idea where it is."

He smiled and looked down at the timetable.

"Oh! I'm actually on my way there. You're in all my classes." Adam says and leant back against the wall behind him, smiling.

"Oh cool." I say quietly and smiled at him.

I watched him as he started to walk away. I was about to say something when he turned his head slightly and waved for me to follow.

"You coming or not?" He asks and I quickly ran after him.

We walked together for a while when we finally reached a classroom.

He opened the door for me and I thanked him before going in.

I walked in shyly and held my books tightly against my chest. I watched as a few heads turned and then the whispering commenced. I drew a breath. I always knew being the new kid was hard.

I was about to run back out of the classroom when Adam placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Come sit with me." He says and smiles. He walked towards the back where a group of, four were sitting together.

I followed slowly and watched as the group all turned and gave Alex a hello.

"Guys. This is Averine." Adam said and gestured towards me when I finally caught up to Adam.

I nodded shyly and gave them a little wave. I noticed in the group there was three girls and one guy.

"This is Ebony." He says and I looked at the girl.

She had blonde hair which looked like it had come from a designer magazine. Complete with baby blue eyes and a heart shaped face covered lightly in make up, she had had to be the prettiest girl there.

"Hi there!" She says in a really high pitch voice and smiled.

"This is Mellisa." Adam says and I watched as a girl with brown hair looked at me.

Mellisa had the perfect hair and the 'I really don't care' expression on her face. She had short brown that hung down past her ears. No make up but she was still really pretty.

"Hey..." She said and gave me a small smile.

"My best mate, Conner." Adam said and I watched as the boy waved at me.

Conner had brown hair that was cut short and frizzy. Along with sea blue eyes, he looked like one of the kids whose dated all the cheerleaders.

"And last but not least, Dakota." Adam says and the last girl lifted her head up to me.

Dakota had long brown hair that landed perfectly when she stopped moving her head. She had green eyes that reminded me of snakes eyes, quick and observe everything. You know those girls who are so popular and all the guys would line up to date? Well, I think this smirking, perfect girl is probably one of them.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ave." Dakota said in a sickly sweet voice which made it sound like she was saying 'drop dead' to me.

Adam sat down at one of the desks and motioned for me to sit next to him. I sat down and smoothed my skirt down and watched as a man, in his early twenties, walk in and set his stuff down on the teachers desk.

"Good morning class. My name is Mr Vilo." He said and clapped his hands together, all the conversations died down. "Please get all your books out and we shall begin the lesson."

I snuck a glance over at Adam and of course, he caught me.