❤Chapter 1: My Life❤

People call me abnormal. But I don't understand what's wrong with being different?

I sighed and stared out the window. It was late Autumn here in Mapleville Town. I guess I could describe the place as quiet and peaceful. Golden brown leaves drifted through the air, carried by the cold morning wind. It was one of the places I actually like.

My mother left for heaven 7 years ago. It happened after she was in a car crash... 12.4.1996

My father takes care of me. He's got a job in the movie industry, so he's always out and about. I guess you would call us rich. This house has to be my 9th home. It's got 15 bedrooms, not including bathrooms. A giant swimming pool, a tennis court and a little park at the back. Huge kitchen, dining and a ball room, dad says I can use it for parties. My dad doesn't usually come home until late, but by then, I don't really want to talk to him.

"Miss Ave!! Time for school!"

That's my butler, Finn. He's pretty much my nanny that takes care of me at home and when we are anywhere.

I stood up and stopped in front of the mirror. I don't mind calling myself pretty. But I like going with the whole natural look, no make-up or plastic surgery or like straightened/curled hair unless I have too.

I was going to a new school today because we moved here about a week ago. I stared at the new uniform and smiled. It was a white button-up blouse fixed with the schools emblem, which is a red fox. Together with a black just-above-the-knees skirt and black polished shoes. I twirled a little and giggled. The uniform suited my bright red hair beautifully. I have slightly curly red hair which hangs down to about my lower back. Behind my glasses, I have orange eyes that, apparently, sparkle.

"Ave!"

I grabbed my back pack and opened my door. Butler Finn was there in his usual black tuxedo and his warm smile.

"Good morning Miss Ave." he said politely and bowed slightly.

I waved my hand at him and grinned.

"I told you you don't have to do that or call me Miss." I say and raise an eyebrow at him.

"Sorry Miss Ave but I have to follow orders." He says and then gestures for us to leave.

I sighed softly and walked down the series of corridors and finally down the stairs with Finn.

"Dad here?" I ask and didn't look at Finn. I already knew the answer but sometimes I just hoped he would be.

"I'm sorry Miss but no." Finn said and looked at me sadly.

I looked away and stopped at the front door.

"It's okay... He's never usually here..." I say and sigh.

I was about to step out the door when one of my maids rushed over to me. She gave me a packed lunch which I thanked her for.

I stepped outside and looked up at the sky. The forecast is going to be a bright and sunny day with temperatures being at 18-24 degrees. You could tell from the way the sun is positioned and the morning fog as well.

I climbed into the black limo and watched as Butler Finn did the same.

"Can you give me the details of the school again?" I ask Butler Finn and tilt my head slightly.

"Driftmore High School. Built in 1994 and is one of the best schools here. It has over 200 classrooms and over 500 students. You will be in the top class in Year 11. Your dad made sure of that." He says and sneaks a glance over at me.

I nodded and smiled.

"It sounds like a good school." I say and then looked out the window.

The car drove and I could see girls and guys stopping to see who was in the limo. When we arrived at the school, the limo was swarmed by kids. My guard, Michael, had to help me and Butler Finn make it through the front doors.

"Averine Mocco." Principle Daisy said to me and I smiled.

"Yes but please call me Ave." I say and she nods.

"Can I just say that your fathers movie, Daily Life of a Spy, is my favourite movie of all time." She says excitedly and the gathers some papers.

I sighed and then looked out her window. No students were out in the quad, they were all in class.

"Here." She says and passes me some papers.

I read over them and realise it was my profile. This is what it read:

Full name: Averine Cherish Mocco

D.O.B: 14.2.1998

Age: 15

Allergies: Strawberries. Highly allergic if eaten, gets hives and passes out. If not treated quickly, she dies.

Medical Needs: Ventalin Spray for asthma. And EPI pen for allergies.

I read over it once more and nodded.

"It's all good." I say and pass it back to her.

The next sheet under it was my timetable. I am supposed to be in Maths right now.

"I will bring you to your class and introduce you. Lets go." She says as she stands up and holds the door for me.

"Thanks..." I say quietly and walk out.

The school was fairly big. My classroom for this morning was 5 Block A. I got a tingly sensation and smiled. Something good is going to happen.

~

We arrived at a classroom and a teacher met us at the door.

They talked briefly and I shook hands with the teacher, Miss Fletcher.

She brought a hand up to me and ushered me into the classroom. I walked in and looked over at the class. All in uniform, boys and girls, with blank expressions.

"Class. This is Averine. She is a new student here." Miss Fletcher says and I smiled.

"Just sit over there next to Adam. Adam, please put up your hand." She says and I watch as a boy with blonde shaggy hair brought his hand up.

I walked over and said a brief hello to Adam. I sat in the desk and looked at the board. Simple algebra.

"Can someone tell me the answer to a2+b2 if a=3 and b=7?"

Miss Fletcher asked and looked over at the classroom.

I turned my head slightly and watched as the students all murmured, trying to figure it out.

I sighed and brought my hand up.

"Yes Averine?" Miss Fletcher asked and I felt every pair of eyes look at me.

"It's a simple equation. The answer is 20." I sighed and smiled.

Miss Fletcher looked over my desk and realized I had no books to do the working out on or calculator.

"Simple." I say and started to get my books out of my bag.

Miss Fletcher proceeded with the class and I took down notes.

The bell went and I packed up my stuff before following everyone out the door. I looked at my time table and instantly had no idea where to go.

I walked down a few hallways when I knew I was really lost. I was about to turn around when I ran into someone, making me drop my books I was holding.

I kneeled down and started to pick them up when I accidentally touched hands with someone.

I looked up and the first thing I saw was his sparkling brown eyes.

I let my hand slip off the book and we both stood up slowly.

"I'm sorry." He said and held the book out to me.

I looked at him and nodded slowly. It was the same guy from my class.

I had to admit, he was pretty cute.