Chapter 47- Unknown Number

Start from the beginning

"It's fine. I'll see you tomorrow at work anyway." She replied. James brought his hand up towards her cheek, his thumb stroking her cheek softly before he added. "Those two days were amazing to be with you. I'll phone you tonight." Then leaning in, pressed a kiss against her forehead. Harper blushed, he remained where he was for a moment before heading back to the car. Harper waved him off not moving until the car was no longer visible in the distance. Then pulling her suitcase in, she was bombarded by Dani who fleeted her into a huge embrace.

"Am I glad your back!" She rejoiced. Then added. "So how was it?"

"It was amazing." Harper smiled. She brought her suitcase further in and her heart almost immediately sunk watching as Duke round the corner.

"Hey, Harper." He almost taunted, his smirk rather mischievous. Harper took a moment to reply before she muttered. "Hi...Duke. I thought you were going back to the states."
Duke shook his head as he approached her. "Oh no. I extended on my duration. Here, let me take your suitcase for you." He said, taking the handle then purposefully brushing his shoulder against Harper's.

Dani who was oblivious still, smiled as she said. "Yeah Duke, took me out. We went bowling on the nights. Oh and don't forget about Ethan Donovan next week."

Harper nodded, her attention still on Duke who was pulling her suitcase along with him. "Dani, do you mind if I talk to you please?" Dani's smile slightly deflated but she agreed following Harper outside to the side of the apartment; far enough for no ears to hear.

Dani folded her arms. "So what's up?" Harper checked her surroundings before she muttered, "Don't you think Duke is acting weird?"

"No." Dani frowned. "Should he?" Harper shook her head. "Never mind." Then smiled nervously. Dani narrowed her eyes at Harper, inspecting her face in a way. "You...seem different." She grumbled.

"Why do you mean?" Harper replied. Dani pursed her lips. "I can't quite put my finger on it though."

Harper blushed then sighed. "Yes Dani. I lost my virginity."

"What!!!" She yelled. "I was just going to say that you seemed tanned!! Harper, you're serious! Oh my goodness!" She wailed and began dancing on her feet. Harper blushed even further holding her hands out to try to calm Dani down. "Dani! Calm down!" She uttered, now feeling like a fool for admitting the truth.

Dani was astonished. "I can't!! You've....oh my baby girl is all grown up." She cooed, squeezing Harper's cheek like that of a infant. "Welcome to the club!"
Harper swatted her hands away grumbling as she pushed a loose strand of hair from her own face.

"Seriously though! Harper, you've f**ked with the hottest-bachelor there is!" She gasped in a low whisper. "I mean I know I didn't like the guy at first from what he did to you but Harper..." Her tone softening. "You really love him, don't you?"

Harper blushed. "Dani. We didn't just f**k." Her words in a mutter. "And yes I do. Look don't go preaching it to anyone."

Dani shook head. "Of course not. But you let me on the details, right?" Harper rolled her eyes heading back inside with Dani following after her like her shadow.

~~~

James sighed as he raked his hand through his hair leaving his hand there until Samuels came back into the office.
"Sir, I traced the phone but it's just a cheap pay-as you go phone." He informed James.
James nodded. "Thanks for trying. You can go for the day."